Hello from Sweden

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lize

Assistant Cook
Hi! I am a dietitian student from Sweden (will be a dietitian by Christmas). I have been really enjoying cooking only for about five years or so. None of my parents are very interested in it, but my dad is a rather good cook. My interest really peaked after taking some cooking classes at the university. Anyway, my interest in cooking is becoming more of a passion and I want to develop my skills the best I can. Obviously I am also interested in the nutrition aspect of it all. :) Good to meet you all!

What CWS said. I think it was something like, "Welcome to DC!"

Välkommen till DC Ezil. Not my mum's side of the family that's Swedish (she was Danish), but my dad was Swedish. I hope you have fun here. Lots of us do.

I was going to check the spelling of "till", 'cause it's "til" in Danish and I suspected it was spelled differently in Swedish than in Danish. I just discovered that the Swedish dictionary for the spell checker doesn't work with FireFox 23. :mad: I had to use Google translate.

What recipes to post? Well, have a look around for a few days first. Then we want recipes of things you like. Some tasty Swedish recipes would be good. I want to prove to some people here that Swedish food isn't all lutfisk and other pale food. :LOL:

Dawgluver - Thank you! :)

taxlady - Tack! "Till" is the correct spelling in Swedish so you got it right. :) I will see what I can do when it comes to Swedish recipes. :)

jennyema - Thank you! :)

I'm Ezil. This is funny. Apparently I had already created an account in 2007 but I didn't remember it. When I signed up the other day and wanted my usual user name on forums, Lize, it was taken. Therefor I turned it backwards and called myself Ezil instead. I then discovered that I was the one who had taken the name Lize when I logged in to the Lize-account by mistake. (I use the name on other forums as I said already. I had apparently used the same password as well.) By that time I had already started to post as Ezil. Ugh... I have asked them to merge the accounts and to keep the name Lize... I'm sorry if this causes any confusion!

I'm Ezil. This is funny. Apparently I had already created an account in 2007 but I didn't remember it. When I signed up the other day and wanted my usual user name on forums, Lize, it was taken. Therefor I turned it backwards and called myself Ezil instead. I then discovered that I was the one who had taken the name Lize when I logged in to the Lize-account by mistake. (I use the name on other forums as I said already. I had apparently used the same password as well.) By that time I had already started to post as Ezil. Ugh... I have asked them to merge the accounts and to keep the name Lize... I'm sorry if this causes any confusion!
Your avatar keeps making me hungry for kräftor (crayfish). They made the Montreal Ikea one of the biggest in the world and increased the size of the food section. My German neighbour told me that they have frozen crayfish. I looked on the Ikea website. The danged kräftor are from China. phooey. Food from China scares me.

Your avatar keeps making me hungry for kräftor (crayfish). They made the Montreal Ikea one of the biggest in the world and increased the size of the food section. My German neighbour told me that they have frozen crayfish. I looked on the Ikea website. The danged kräftor are from China. phooey. Food from China scares me.

I love crayfish and we eat them every fall here. The Swedish fresh ones are usually very pricey so it's common to eat Chinese or Turkish frozen ones here as well. (Defrosted of course, hehe) The ones in the avatar are Chinese and they were very tasty. :)

I love crayfish and we eat them every fall here. The Swedish fresh ones are usually very pricey so it's common to eat Chinese or Turkish frozen ones here as well. (Defrosted of course, hehe) The ones in the avatar are Chinese and they were very tasty. :)
They might be tasty, but I don't trust what they feed them or the conditions under which they were raised.

Back
Top Bottom