Hello, new here : )

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Isaiahsmom91302

Assistant Cook
Hello everyone!!!! My name is Melissa and I am happily married to my high school sweetie Jeremy going on one year this June (been together 9 years) and we have 2 beautiful kids together. Isaiah who is 6 years old and Ameerah who is 9 months old. I have been a stay at home mom for about 4 years now. I am the one who cooks dinner everynight and I have fallen into a rut. We have alot of the same stuff all the time and it's pretty hard to find new recipes we all can/will eat. I am a vegetarian, my son and hubby are very picky. Also, I have a big problem with following directions to a recipe. I don't know why I can't do it, but pretty much any new recipe I have tried it turns out very bad. I know one of my problems is....I do not try the food because most of the food I make has meat in it. So I tend to overcook the meat or not put enough seasonings in. That's why I am so glad I found this forum, I am sure I will get alot of helpful tips here. :chef:

welcome53.gif

Welcome Melissa,
look around, settle in and ask questions. You will be surprise all the help and ideas that will come your way. You will also get to know some really wonderful people.
kadesma

welcome, Melissa, I really can't help you on vegetarian dishes but you need to check out Vyapti.....he posted recently a wonderful vegetarian primavera recipe that I'm going to add shrimp and or scallops to when I get back to KZ.........so do check him out and we have other vegetarians as well on this site............don't look and sound so hopeless.......I think you're in need of some good seasonings quite honestly........if you don't like meat don't cook it.........you'll do just fine.........just hang in there......I've been know to throw pie dough across our first apartment..........but the more you practice the better you get.........

Welcome, and you present an interesting problem - wish I had a clue. Question - would a wee taste present a problem? Just a bit? Your fork can become a check for doneness if you will help train it! But if you don't basically like the food, tasting for seasoning and such might not help. Focus intently on what you are doing, put everything in place, search for complete recipes - some assume that a word or two will do and you can fill in the blanks - I can't, and follow the recipe exactly! Exactly. But you gotta taste it - just enough to tickle the tongue!
Best of luck

Hi and welcome! There are a lot of cooking websites with tons of recipes on them...I believe on allrecipes.com you can put in what ingredients you want to cook with and it'll spit out some recipes involving those for you. For meat, get a meat thermometer to check for doneness to take out the guessing work. GL and looking forward to hearing more from you!

Hi there, Welcome to the forum ! Pleased to meet all of you here.it's very nice spot to everyone who has interest in cooking as well as recipes.plenty of chance are here to get great knowledge about recipes with others.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom