Hello! *waves*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chefrow

Assistant Cook
Last night I stayed up 'til 1am browsing the forum so I could perfect my spaghetti sauce and meatballs. I found a few interesting tips on here and my meal was a hit! My friends and family said it was the best meal I have ever made.

That is how I was introduced to this great website. I've been studying all the chili recipes I have found on here, as well. There is so much to search and so little time!

I am 21 and I write for a living. Over the past few years, I have fallen in love with cooking and I am currently trying to save up for culinary school. My dream is to open up a restaurant with my brother one day.

Last night I stayed up 'til 1am browsing the forum so I could perfect my spaghetti sauce and meatballs. I found a few interesting tips on here and my meal was a hit! My friends and family said it was the best meal I have ever made.

That is how I was introduced to this great website. I've been studying all the chili recipes I have found on here, as well. There is so much to search and so little time!

I am 21 and I write for a living. Over the past few years, I have fallen in love with cooking and I am currently trying to save up for culinary school. My dream is to open up a restaurant with my brother one day.

When you make it to culinary school, you can tell your instructor, "That's not what they say on DC." Good luck on your future endeavors.

Addie: Haha, thanks for the advice ;) I am sure that will go over well.

Princess:
Thank you! And don't worry, I play with my food every chance I get.

Dawgluver:
Thanks! Looking forward to sharing recipes with you all.

Welcome to DC. I hope you do well in culinary school. I do hae one thing to say about that though. Every school you will ever go to, be it for electronics, medicine, culinary arts, technical, creative writing, it doesn't matter what kind of school it is, it will only teach you basic principles, even if it's an advanced school. When you graduate, you will be in a position to really start learning. You will have the necessary skills to begin to explore your chosen discipline, and add to your knowledge through trying new things that the school never could teach in the short time your went there.

A great chef, or great cook doesn't become great because they went to some school. Rather, they take the knowledge that they learned at that school, and use it to make their own culinary creations and masterpieces.

Keep an open mind. Your school will teach you a good many things. But there is always more to learn, and from many different cultures.

You have the first requirement to becoming a great cook/chef already, a desire and will to learn, to expand your knowledge and skills. Don't take anybody's word as absolute. Take what they say and test it, make sure it works, and for the reasons they say it works. You would be amazed at how many people there are who make great things, without understanding the processes that make the great things work. When you truly understand the processes that make recipes and techniques work, then you will have opened the door to true creation.

I know you will do well, be it from perusing what we have to offer on DC, or from what you learn and expand upon from culinary school.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Wow! Thanks for all of the advice, Chief. I love to experiment with food and take recipes and make them my own, I am always trying to find a way to make something better and exciting.

However, I feel like I need to go to culinary school to learn all the basics and hopefully help me reach my full potential.

wow, you sound like a good cook. i one day would love to try your spaghetti. its my favorite dish. one day your dream will come true :)

buckytom: Thanks. I used some basil, salt&pepper, crushed red pepper, half an onion (chopped), two garlic cloves (chopped), 1 egg, 1/4 cup of milk, Breadcrumbs, sprinkled some Parmesan cheese in and a dash of seasoned salt. I used 80/20 ground beef and mixed everything together, then put them in the oven with a bit of oil and baked for 35 minutes.

Once they were done, I added them into my sauce and let it all simmer for 30 minutes or so.

CWS:

Back
Top Bottom