Hello Y'all Remember me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bakechef

Executive Chef
I'm not exactly sure why I have been away so long, but I've been thinking about all of the kind people here and realized that I needed this in my life again.

It's been a rough year mentally, we were sent home from work for two weeks and it's turned into 9 months, I hope that I can go back soon, I really loved that job and the amazing people that I work with. I'm very grateful that we've been financially stable through all of this, so many people are hurting. If I don't go back soon, I may go back to cake decorating until I can go back, I don't want that, but I've had old managers keeping in touch with me, letting me know that they'd hire me back any time.

Just before Covid struck, we had the kitchen torn out and completely redone, It is so much more functional, I'm glad that we did it on a smallish budget, since I'd soon be out of work. Let me tell you though, I've made such good use of it, I love it.

Hope all of you are well, I have some catching up to do!

Welcome home, bakechef! Not a week or two has gone by without me wondering how you and your hubby are, how your mom is, and all that other kind of stuff.

Sorry about your job. The lucky part about being retired is that you don't have to worry about getting laid off. That happened to Himself back in 2011. Now he only worries that I will make good on my threat to poison his food. Have to keep him on his best behavior. ;)

Hope to see you around here regularly. I always enjoyed your posts.

Hi bakechef! :waves: As CG put it, welcome home. I've been wondering how you have been doing too. I'll be happy to see your posts again.

Welcome home, bakechef! Not a week or two has gone by without me wondering how you and your hubby are, how your mom is, and all that other kind of stuff.

Sorry about your job. The lucky part about being retired is that you don't have to worry about getting laid off. That happened to Himself back in 2011. Now he only worries that I will make good on my threat to poison his food. Have to keep him on his best behavior. ;)

Hope to see you around here regularly. I always enjoyed your posts.

The hubby and I are doing well, next year will be our 18th year together and we couldn't be happier, he's been my rock this year whether he realizes it or not.

Mom is still in SC, she recently had a friend move in with her so I don't have to worry about her being lonely. She also has wonderful neighbors. She is finally getting back into cooking and baking. When she was working full time and taking care of dad in his final days, there just wasn't any time and she just didn't want to. It's pretty fun when she calls me for her old recipes or "how did I make that again?" She came for Christmas, I made her promise to be safe before she came, it had been a year since I'd been able to see her. She was super excited to come. I made sure to cook all kinds of delicious things for her!

Welcome back bakechef. I'm a recent returnee myself. Missed this place and all these warm and wonderful people.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, here's hoping that this year brings wonderful new things your way.

I love seeing old faces returning! Yes, newbies are awesome too. Like you, I found that I really missed everyone and returned "home." :)

Welcome back!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom