Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dbsoccer

Assistant Cook
Since retiring while my wife is still working, I've become the cook for dinners. I enjoy it (probably more than my wife does) particularly after I decide what to cook. Some times that can be a struggle feeling that I just repeat over and over. And the learning is great fun!

But someone in your home has to do it for .....just the rest of your life. Not forever. :)

Greetings! Welcome to the forum.

Each week I ask my wife what she wants for dinner for the upcoming week ( even though I have already made up the list). She complains when I ask her, but will also complain if I dont ( Thas 30 + years of marriage for ya). It could get repetitive sometimes, but thats what drives me to find new things to make. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that she doesn't cook, so its all on me , but I love cooking so it works out.

Welcome to Discuss Cooking, dbsoccer. It's easy for the cooking to become repetitive and boring. It happens to just about all of us. I find that making a meal plan helps a lot. I don't follow it very strictly, but it means I have some recipes in front of me that I have probably arranged to make sure I have the ingredients. The stuff in my meal plan gets moved around a lot. When I do my shopping, my list has those things that I will need for the upcoming week, the ones that I don't already have. And yes, the meal plan can be changed to accommodate a "special" at the store.

Since retiring while my wife is still working, I've become the cook for dinners. I enjoy it (probably more than my wife does) particularly after I decide what to cook. Some times that can be a struggle feeling that I just repeat over and over. And the learning is great fun!
Get a cookbook with a section of meal plans.

Back
Top Bottom