Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tjbell

Assistant Cook
Hello! I am new to the group so please tell me if my post is in the wrong place or not allowed, etc. (I'm excited to have found the group though!)

Enough of that..... I REALLY need help finding a great Alfredo sauce for a picky eater. He likes sauces on the thick side so I'm likely not looking for a real or classic Alfredo but something similar but thicker. Thanks in advance. (If it helps, I will be incorporating real crab meat and Fettuccini noodles)

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Welcome to DC. I am sure someone will come along with a great recipe for a thick Alfredo Sauce. A true Alfredo consists of butter, grated Parm cheese and some cream. How much of each depends on how much you want to make and how many are you feeding. I find that if there are leftovers, then you try to heat it up the next day, it breaks down. Maybe I am reheating it wrong. But I try to make just enough for one meal at a time. :angel:

Thank you all! I'm enjoying these recipes! And I did make Alfredo and used the above posters basics but added some garlic (minced fresh) and it was great!!! Some restaurant styles are much thicker but I realize that isn't the way that it was meant to be. Yummy!

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

next time, make an average sauce that's a little thick, then serve it to him after it's just cooled off a bit.

thickens up like molasses in winter.

welcome, btw.

Back
Top Bottom