helloo :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coookies

Cook
Hi, I found this forum when I googled "lard vs. crisco vs. butter" a little while ago. Found this and then after reading a few articles, going to throw away my canisters of country crock and crisco. Gross.

I'm 23, a student studying earth & geographic sciences and I'm trying to learn how to cook because I think homemade cooking is one of the best ways to show love and appreciation :) not to mention it just tastes better and is better for you.

My successful homemade cooking has so far included: macaroni and cheese (took me about 5 tries), filet mignon (somehow nailed it on the first), caramels, various cookies, minestrone soup, chocolate meringue pie (3 tries to get the crust to cooperate and 3 tries to get the meringue right - that was just today :) ) .. what else.. does grilled cheese count?

So, I am still learning but doing okay with it. My biggest challenge is how to cook and bake for my boyfriend, who has a major sweet tooth and told me today its been too long since he has had meat and he needs me to make something with meat in it (my last two meals were the macaroni and cheese and the minestrone). I also want to keep his arteries clear and his teeth intact as well, so this might be tricky. :)

Anyways nice to "meet" everyone and see you around!

Katie

Hi Kate there are a good many folks that will jump at the chance to help you.
my self included just what do you have in mind to fix post it and we {DCers} will jump in

Hi Katie - so nice to see a young person so interested in cooking at home. You are right about cooking being a demonstration of caring and affection - that is the way I have always looked at it. There are so many generous and kind people here - you have come to the right place to learn. Don't be hesitant to ask questions - no one will poke fun at you, ever. Happy holidays!

Back
Top Bottom