Help: how to organise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's best to have backups. I backup my laptop weekly. I also have a copy on my cloud account. The backup has saved me more than once.

Hard drives fail. I have more than one stick with my favorite recipes on it.
Sticks fail and get lost. I have a folder of recipes as well as using software on my laptop for the formatting and organization. It reminds me to back up every so often, and my laptop automatically backs up to the cloud. If the hard drive fails, I can reinstall the software and restore the backup file. I can also export the backup file to different formats, such as a standard recipe software format that can be imported into different software. This system solves lots of issues besides just recipes.

I realize this is an old thread, but has anytime tried eatyourbooks? It intrigued me and I’ve tried the free version, but I haven’t yet switched to the paid version.

https://www.eatyourbooks.com/

You just load all your books into the site and then you can search all your cookbooks for recipes. I doesn’t seem to have all my cookbooks, but it has all the non-obscure ones.

I realize this is an old thread, but has anytime tried eatyourbooks?

I checked that out way back, but they had only maybe 20% of my CBs, and I only checked around 70 or 80 of my favorites. So I doubt that there were many of those unusual books on there.

Last edited:
I tried it out, but I don't want to do a subscription thing. I have tabs in a lot of my cookbooks, too. I should make a spreadsheet for them. I bet someone has already made a template.

I just bought Paprika yesterday. I like it so far.

Seems like a lot of excess work to me. The table of Contents and Index in the book are enough. IF you want to mark recipes in advance, cut up some post-its and stick 'em on the page.

I just still use Google Drive, I love having access to all of my recipes available on all of my devices. It's so easy if I want to share a recipe to just email it from my phone to the recipient.

I just still use Google Drive, I love having access to all of my recipes available on all of my devices. It's so easy if I want to share a recipe to just email it from my phone to the recipient.

Do you have the recipes as text documents? as PDFs? as spreadsheets? as something else?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom