Help Me Celebrate Graduation!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peristalsis

Assistant Cook
With college graduation looming about a semester and a half away, I couldn't help but ponder about what I'd do with my last undergraduate summer. But after much brow raising thumb-twiddling, it came to me. Why not go on a food road trip? I would drive across the United States eating my way to one behemoth of a meal. My culinary Woodstock! The problem is, I'm not sure what my "headlining" meal should be, let alone the places to stop by along the way. So I need your help in planning my 2011 summer food trip! So my question is, if you had one day left to live, where would you eat your final 3 meals in the United States? 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, and 1 dinner. (A website/address would be incredibly helpful) Thanks for the help guys! I'm getting giddy just thinking about this :ROFLMAO:.

Last edited:
Matt's Big Breakfast
801 N. 1st Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Tel: (602) 254-1074

Green Mesquite
1400 Barton Springs Rd.
Austin, TX 78704
Tel: (512) 479-0485

Donn's Hilltop - Kodiak Grill
12342 East Highway 21
Boise, ID 83716
Tel: (208) 338-8859

If you want to skip into Canada for a day trip the Chateau frant a nac in Quebic was right near the top of my best meals ever list.

Bobby Flay's Mesa grill in Vegas made the list too.

The Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay CA.

Sutro's at the Cliff House in San Francisco very notable.

Roy's on the Big Island of Hawaii.

The restaurant in the Neiman Marcus in Honalulu was right there too.

Side Street cafe in Honalulu was the best bar food ever.

Erna's Elderberry House in Oakhurst is world renowned.

Forbe's Mill (small CA chain) has American wagu steaks and they were the best steaks I have ever eaten.

The Empress in Victoria BC has a high tea fit for royalty and has served them.

You may need to purchase a ski mask and visit a few banks along the way but the trip would be tasty!

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I will most definitely check out The Ritz Carlton and Sutro's at the Cliff house since I'm not too far from there.

I am in the south bay.Where are you?

I grew up in the bay area so I know quite a few in the area.

Max's in the city or on the peninnsula is pretty good and reasonable.

Moss Beach Distillery is supposed to be haunted but I think all the spirits are behind the bar.Good Place!

One of my all time favs is Abolanetti's on the wharf in Monterey.
Best Antipasta platter I have ever had.We drive an hour each way for it.

If you get to Pacific grove there is a spanish/french place called
Fandango.A real class act with outstanding service and food.

The Carnielian Room on Market is crazy good and 50 floors up I think.

San Jose has Il Fornio for modern Italian or Original Joes for oldschool italian.

I live in San Jose and lately I've been running out of places to eat (probably because I haven't been looking hard enough). I'm sure your suggestions will get me out of that rut.

I generally eat at Omogari (Downtown San Jose) for some Korean food, and Naan N Masala for Indian food (Milpitas). This is my 6th year in California so I've still got a lot of exploring to do! Your recommendation of Sutro's at the Cliff House looks too good for me to wait next year. I think I'll have to go to that in the upcoming months.

Unfortunately, The Carnielian Room seems to have closed down quite recently :(.

I'll remember to drop by Abolanetti's next time I stop by the aquarium.

I'll get back to you on my experiences there!

I'd love to help, where is the celebration will be taking place, I am comming, just make sure to get dark beer.

Oh, you mean we have to help to plan, not actually come celebrate with you. Sorry, just had throw that one in.
I say go to NY, where else are you going to find anithing you want.

Check this guy out: On Famous Fat Dave

I live in San Jose and lately I've been running out of places to eat (probably because I haven't been looking hard enough). I'm sure your suggestions will get me out of that rut.

I generally eat at Omogari (Downtown San Jose) for some Korean food, and Naan N Masala for Indian food (Milpitas). This is my 6th year in California so I've still got a lot of exploring to do! Your recommendation of Sutro's at the Cliff House looks too good for me to wait next year. I think I'll have to go to that in the upcoming months.

Unfortunately, The Carnielian Room seems to have closed down quite recently :(.

I'll remember to drop by Abolanetti's next time I stop by the aquarium.

I'll get back to you on my experiences there!

I am in South San Jose.I will have to try Omogari.Our korean place just closed.BUMMER!

My good freind owns House of Pizza downtown.Have you been there yet? 50+ years in business and a San Jose institution.Good food and drinks for cheap.

Best sushi I have found is Tomo Sushi near Blossom Hill/Snell.Been going there since the 80's.There's one in Almaden that's good and one in the CVS shopping center at Blossom Hill/Snell that is good too.

Los Gatos has one of the top ten restaurants in the world.
Manreesa!
It is a chef trying to impress other chefs.I was not amused.Food was good but too weird.I like weird if it tastes great but I have had better for a lot cheaper.

If California Cafe is still open in LG that place rocks.

The German place right near the park on 2nd is good.

Spanish place downtown is good.There is only one and i can't remeber the name.Service was a little slow.

You being a college kid and all.....Have you partied at the flying pig. Love that place but I don't get out much.
Katie Blooms?

If you get to Pacific grove there is a spanish/french place called Fandango.A real class act with outstanding service and food.

I've never met anyone who has been to Pacific Grove, aside from my parents, I lived the first two months of my life there and I hope someday to check it out.

I've never met anyone who has been to Pacific Grove, aside from my parents, I lived the first two months of my life there and I hope someday to check it out.

If you ever get there be sure it is when the monarchs return.Once a year millions show up and the eucalyptus trees are literally dripping and crawling with them.
They are everywhere.Even in San Jose, I get them migrating to there and see hundreds.

One of my meals would be at some little out of the way Amish restaurant. Those Pennsylvania Dutch were great with food.

Back
Top Bottom