Help with an air fryer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
My wife bought a Cuisinart air fryer/toaster oven/grill doohickey a few months ago, but we have yet to use it.

It's the TOA-70 model.

Does anyone have experience with this unit, or can offer help in general in using electric air fryers.

I really want to make fried chicken, and french fries, and all things that would otherwise be deep or shallow fried, but in a healthier way.

Or, how about other things of which it can be used.

TIA.

Good luck. Against my wishes I was gifted an AF (air fryer, not the other AF) for Christmas. Not the type you have, a unitasker type.

I have not been thrilled with it. You basically have to learn another method to cook the same foods you already know how to cook.

We found the users manual to be basically worthless.

BT...

You have a good brand/model air fryer.

I have a different brand (IP Omni Plus) and have loved it for over a year.

Yes, it IS a learning experience. Worth it if that's what you want to do.

I suggest you hop onto youtube and put in your model#. I saw many videos which may be of help to you.

I do chicken in mine often. Actually I just did a Char Siu marinade on chicken drumsticks and put it into the fridge for tomorrow's dinner.

Have fun and good luck.

It's just a tabletop convection oven, so if you've ever "oven fried" anything, you just do that.

Bread the chicken, spray it lightly with oil and go.

Its also good at simply roasting things.

Thanks Andy, Ross, jenny, and S.L.O.B..

I've never really oven fried anything either. Baking french fries or making Shake-n-Bake pork chops would be the closest I've come, I guess.

I found the booklet (it's the TOA-65 model) and I'll start by looking through it, then checking out videos. And then, of course, what S.L.O.B. posted.

Hopefully I'll be posting results soon.

Thanks again.

We have the Cuisinart as well. Not that particular model but its an oven and air fryer and it has several settings including "proof".
It cannot be compared to a deep fryer. I use the Fry Daddy and still do. Its faster than a toaster or regular oven.
I made some wings not floured and it does a good job. Not crispy at all. But still good.
It sits on the counter and may get used once or twice a month.

I've done oven fried chicken for thousands of years - hence never had the need I could 'need' an air fryer.

I do however deviate from the usual recipes in that the chicken is done on a rack - not in or on a pan.

I'm particularly fond of egg or buttermilk washed chicken - with crushed cornflake crumbs. doubled dipped when I'm feeling especially in need of the crunch factor.

I've done oven fried chicken for thousands of years - hence never had the need I could 'need' an air fryer.

I do however deviate from the usual recipes in that the chicken is done on a rack - not in or on a pan.

I'm particularly fond of egg or buttermilk washed chicken - with crushed cornflake crumbs. doubled dipped when I'm feeling especially in need of the crunch factor.

I have not considered my using my air fryer a "need".

That said, as I have aged and my health has slowed me down, I find that having a counter top oven prevents a lot of bending, etc., especially when cleaning my oven.
Also cooking times are greatly reduced and, as I have not had a convection oven, in the past, that's also a plus.

So, while not a "need", my air fryer (along with my Instant pressure cooker) has, certainly been a great help in keeping me wanting to continue to cook. :)

Ross

I have not considered my using my air fryer a "need".

That said, as I have aged and my health has slowed me down, I find that having a counter top oven prevents a lot of bending, etc., especially when cleaning my oven.
Also cooking times are greatly reduced and, as I have not had a convection oven, in the past, that's also a plus.

So, while not a "need", my air fryer (along with my Instant pressure cooker) has, certainly been a great help in keeping me wanting to continue to cook. :)

Ross

Oh yeah, the bending over. I don't find it hard to do, but it poops me out. I often use the toaster oven rather than the big oven, just because I won't have to do anything bent over. Heck, I got a Kik-Step® stool to make it less tiring to do lots of stuff near the floor. I often sit on it when getting a bunch of vegis out of the vegi bin or bottom shelf of the fridge.

Back
Top Bottom