Here's one to make you laugh (true story)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The old clothes line was a great place to make a tent when we were kids. We would toss a couple of old sheets or blankets over the line and put rocks on the corners to hold them down.

On rainy days we did the same thing inside using the dining room table, minus the rocks! Do people have dining room tables these days?

Fun was cheaper when I was a kid! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

The old clothes line was a great place to make a tent when we were kids. We would toss a couple of old sheets or blankets over the line and put rocks on the corners to hold them down.

On rainy days we did the same thing inside using the dining room table, minus the rocks! Do people have dining room tables these days?

Fun was cheaper when I was a kid! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I had one until I moved here. Then it had to go. I would rather have had that go with me than my bed. I could have just slept on a mattress on the floor. I did all my crafts on that table.

And you are right. Fun was cheaper then. Every time I hear a mother complain that it is raining out and the kids are driving her crazy. You can guess what I suggest she do. And I tell her to serve their lunch of sandwiches in there. It is a suggestion that has often prevented a severe case of child abuse or a mother being committed. Take your pick. :angel:

MadCook, your experience is hilarious! I read this aloud to Himself, and he enjoyed it too. I just wish I had been a fly on the wall when you offered to show proof of the underwear you were wearing right there, on the spot. :LOL:

MadCook, your experience is hilarious! I read this aloud to Himself, and he enjoyed it too. I just wish I had been a fly on the wall when you offered to show proof of the underwear you were wearing right there, on the spot. :LOL:

It was a very funny story. Had me laughing. :ROFLMAO: Makes my old reliable Hanes white cotton regular briefs sound like what he thought should be hanging of the clothesline. Or she could hangout a few of the orange long legged snuggies made with wool that her great-grandmother might have worn on cold winter days. Remember in her great-grandmothers day, ladies didn't wear slacks. :angel:

It was a very funny story. Had me laughing. :ROFLMAO: Makes my old reliable Hanes white cotton regular briefs sound like what he thought should be hanging of the clothesline. Or she could hangout a few of the orange long legged snuggies made with wool that her great-grandmother might have worn on cold winter days. Remember in her great-grandmothers day, ladies didn't wear slacks. :angel:
When I lived in Denmark you could buy those in wool or cotton. The ones that went to the knees were nicknamed "divorce panties" and the shorter ones were nicknamed "separation panties". :ROFLMAO: They were very handy under skirts in winter.

When I lived in Denmark you could buy those in wool or cotton. The ones that went to the knees were nicknamed "divorce panties" and the shorter ones were nicknamed "separation panties". :ROFLMAO: They were very handy under skirts in winter.

As a kid, we thought only very old folks wore them. They are making a comeback. :angel:

Years ago when I was still working and living in town, we had bought a new stove that kept mal-functioning. I called the appliance company and they were to come out in the afternoon when I got home. On that day I was getting ready for work. As I was getting ready the doorbell rang and I went to the door and there was the appliance repairman. I let him in to the kitchen and noticed he kept smiling and thought he must indeed enjoy his work. When I got back to the bathroom the first thing I noticed was the pink stretch panties I had placed over my hair to do my face. I did not go back to let him out. I waited until he left to come out of the bathroom. Since then I always use a hairband to contain my hair.

Years ago when I was still working and living in town, we had bought a new stove that kept mal-functioning. I called the appliance company and they were to come out in the afternoon when I got home. On that day I was getting ready for work. As I was getting ready the doorbell rang and I went to the door and there was the appliance repairman. I let him in to the kitchen and noticed he kept smiling and thought he must indeed enjoy his work. When I got back to the bathroom the first thing I noticed was the pink stretch panties I had placed over my hair to do my face. I did not go back to let him out. I waited until he left to come out of the bathroom. Since then I always use a hairband to contain my hair.

:LOL: :ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: You could have told him it was a new hat you were trying on. Or that you were preparing for old age in case you forgot which goes on which end. :angel:

:LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Since we don't know exactly how long ago this was or in what town this happened in...I would say MC has a clue about what she is talking about. Different towns, different councils and things handled differently.

Not necessarily the procedures are the same for fraud checks and we both live in the North West , and Local Authorities liaise with each other and link up . Basically nobody comes in to look at your knickers then scarpers . That's actually a different kind of crime...........I would personally report anyone doing this to the Local Authority and also alert the police in case anyone else was conned and could be vulnerable .

However . If MC wants to haves men come into her home to inspect her undercrackers then I won't spoil her fun .;):)

Not necessarily the procedures are the same for fraud checks and we both live in the North West , and Local Authorities liaise with each other and link up . Basically nobody comes in to look at your knickers then scarpers . That's actually a different kind of crime...........I would personally report anyone doing this to the Local Authority and also alert the police in case anyone else was conned and could be vulnerable .

However . If MC wants to haves men come into her home to inspect her undercrackers then I won't spoil her fun .;):)
It can sound odd to offer to show one's undergarments to some strange man. But, I can imagine a scenario where the man is sufficiently uptight that I would have done the same thing.

Thank you for your efforts PF. But it appears that the veracity of MC's post is just not going to be allowed to die a quiet death. Perhaps MC now needs to provide proof of her post? Would a letter with the Queen's seal of approval from the Member of the Council be proof enough? Not living in a country that has a Monarch, I sure would be impressed. I would buy that letter from MC take it to The Antiques Roadshow, get a value of it, and then go to LV and sell it on Pawn Stars. No grass growing under my feet. :angel:

Last edited:
MC, I want more stories. More than just flashing your knickers at odd gents on the council.

Any funny school stories?

It was seven in the morning and I was getting ready for work. There was a knock on the door and when I opened it, there were two police and a couple of FBI men standing there. They asked if Pirate was home. "Yes, he is sleeping." Then they showed me a warrant for his arrest for bank robbery.

"Has he been home all night?"

"Yes, he has been home since he came home from work yesterday around 3:30 in the afternoon."

Then they started to ask me some strange questions. My race, the race of the father of my children, did I ever have an affair with someone not of my race?

I answered all their questions, and then I stopped. "What is this all about?"

They asked me to get my son up. I did and Pirate came out into the hall in his shorts. They started to ask him questions. They asked him to show his drivers license. They had a look of confusion on their faces.

It seems that the day before a person with the very same name as Pirate had robbed a bank and wounded a teller. It also seems he had a long, long record. The next thing is they pull out a picture of this robber. How can I put this gently.

The man was of the black persuasion. As black as they come. And he was wanted in a few other states also for bank robberies. Pirate has blonde hair and blue eyes. Pirate stands 5'10". This culprit only stood 5'0".

They were full of apologies and handshakes and left as if nothing was out of the ordinary. I stayed home from work that day and so did Pirate. :angel:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom