Hey Rev!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm doing a catering gig this Saturday for 100. Just burgers and dogs, but I'm serving beans and thought about adding some of your sauce to em. Ever tried that or heard of anyone who did? I always add bbq sauce to mine, but it's always that industrial sludge from Texas and Kansas City that people give me and I have no other use for.

Maybe some of your sauce for some wang and heat, but add some extra brown sugar for sweet?
Anyone, feel free to chime in.

absolutely...at home, I'll add it to a large can of Bush's with some brown sugar and a little woos. Use the Hot version to kick it up even more. Funny thing is, a lot of folks in my office put it straight on their burgers and dogs instead of mustard.

Rev.Jr. said:
absolutely...at home, I'll add it to a large can of Bush's with some brown sugar and a little woos. Use the Hot version to kick it up even more. Funny thing is, a lot of folks in my office put it straight on their burgers and dogs instead of mustard.

I didn't really like it in my baked beans (personal tatse)... BUT...it is AWESOME on hot dogs!! I will never put mustard on my barkers again!! :!: =D> =D> =D>

Greg- maybe that's how I should start marketing it, as a hot dog condiment. We used to be the sponsor of a statewide sports talk program on radio. Any guests they had on the show would be provided with a bottle of Rev. Marvin's. One night I was listening and they had Danny Ford (ex coach at Clemson) on the program. Well, they gave him a bottle at the end of the interview and he busted it open right then and stuck his finger in it to taste. He raved about it and said he was stopping on his way out of town to get a hot dog to put it on. Tried contacting him later on, to no avail. Oh well.

Cap'n, make certain to throw in any leftover brisket or pulled pork too. Also, throw in some crushed pineapple and a couple of cans of Rotels. You can't put too many things in a pot of beans. It just kinda turns into this wonderful kind of melange' you know? Woodrow

Did you know that club soda can get a pesky stain out of carpeting if you apply it soon enough and dab it out??????? Now I've got to go answer an ABS brake question , if that brown noser Bob BQN hasn't already hi-jacked it!

I'd be happy to come to your next charity event and do an hour of observational humor if you'd like?

Capt.- yep, it was Kornblut. They did a pretty good job for us. Got the name out there. We just didn't have the sauce in enough stores at the time. We drove up to Cola several times to be on the show. Phil loved the sauce, especially the Hot. You know him?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom