Hi from Fred in Texas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GollyRojer

Assistant Cook
I"m Fred, aka GollyRojer. My girlfriend Lisa and I are both retired. I have a small side income doing woodworking in my shop, making items to sell. She has recently decided to go back to work full-time as a nurse, so I am taking on the task of feeding her, our 13 year old granddaughter, and me. I used to cook for myself and my two sons when I was a single dad raising them, but that was a long time ago. I will probably be relying on this website to help me get up to speed. It's good to know such resources are available!

Hi Fred! I too am a nurse, but, I just try fixing food the cats will eat...the dog will eat anything. Good to see you have chosen us to help with the cooking, Welcome to DC.

Welcome GollyRojer aka Fred to DC.

Good to meet you. Pretty sure some will be able to remind you of things and help. It's sorta like riding a bike but the best is now there are probably more things around to help you in your efforts (including us! :LOL:)

Hi Fred! Welcome to DC. I'm rather fond of Texans. My Mom was born and raised in Pearland.

Take a look around. Lots to take in. If you have specific questions, please don't hesitate to post them. Again, welcome!

Here on DC, we dabble in virtually any kind of food imaginable. We can give you amazing pancakes (my claim to fame), pastries, BBQ, grilled over fire, pastas, soups, Asian foods, French, candies, and anything really. Just ask. We have some very knowledgeable, and talented cooks around here. And yes, I too put beans in my chili. I also know how to make it hot enough, if so desired, you drink Tabasco sauce to cool down your mouth:LOL:.

We can even make French-Canadian Pea Soup!

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom