Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix - TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Next time make your own powdered sugar. I put sugar in a small electric spice:chef::chef: grinder and presto I had powdered sugar! You can also try a high powered blender like a VitaMix to make it.
Actually, we had the powdered sugar discussion and there is an additional ingredient, I forget what it is now. Not to mentioned, I only have a blender and it is horrid. No food processor, no grinder, nada. I'm seriously deprived when it comes to my kitchen appliances. :ermm:

Actually, we had the powdered sugar discussion and there is an additional ingredient, I forget what it is now. Not to mentioned, I only have a blender and it is horrid. No food processor, no grinder, nada. I'm seriously deprived when it comes to my kitchen appliances. :ermm:

I found that it works with just sugar. I don't know what the additive would be. I only make a small batch just for what I need for the recipe plus a little extra to put in a shaker.

I found that it works with just sugar. I don't know what the additive would be. I only make a small batch just for what I need for the recipe plus a little extra to put in a shaker.
Cornstarch is the additive. I had to look at the bag. Not sure if it makes the difference in smoothing it out or not but I now have a stockpile of the stuff.

I made some this weekend and totally screwed it up. I bought Herseys hot chocolate because Harris Teeter didn't have any Quik. I fixed it but DANG this is one expensive hot choc mix. The funny thing, my daughter claims this is the best batch I've ever made. It's proudly displayed in my new house on the shelves next to my window. I fixed my boo boo by doubling the powdered sugar, dark choc powder and adding Quik. It taste great and I'll probably never be able to duplicate it again. :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom