Hot Fudge Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
We were out of hot fudge sauce, and DW wanted some to make a hot fudge Sunday. I purchased a Lindt milk chocolate bar, a large one, a Lindt white chocolate bar, a bag of Ghiradeli milk chocolate chips, and pint of heavy whipping cream. I broke up the bars and placed htem into a pint-sized mason jar. I added 1/4 cup of the cream, and hten chocolate chips to fill the container. I placed all into the microwave and heated for one minute on the highest setting. A dash of salt was required.

Finally, I whisked everything together, in the jar, until it was as smooth as silk. It was thick enough to make a great sauce, and the flavor was spot on. I compared my home-made sauce with a commercial brand of hot fudge sauce i'd purchased. Mine was so much better, but also more costly. DW loves it. That's good enough for me.:yum:

Oh, if heated until liquified, and put on cake, it would make a great, and thick ganache.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
I know why. Because it is more fun to try and make your own.

Years ago Hershey's had a recipe on the cocoa can for the sauce for chocolate milk. I used to make it all the time for the kids. Then a year or so ago, Pirate asked me if I still could make it for him. Not on their site, or any of their cocoa cans. So I sent them and email. They sent the recipe to me and stated that they were surprised that I remembered it.

We were out of hot fudge sauce, and DW wanted some to make a hot fudge Sunday. I purchased a Lindt milk chocolate bar, a large one, a Lindt white chocolate bar, a bag of Ghiradeli milk chocolate chips, and pint of heavy whipping cream. I broke up the bars and placed htem into a pint-sized mason jar. I added 1/4 cup of the cream, and hten chocolate chips to fill the container. I placed all into the microwave and heated for one minute on the highest setting. A dash of salt was required.

Finally, I whisked everything together, in the jar, until it was as smooth as silk. It was thick enough to make a great sauce, and the flavor was spot on. I compared my home-made sauce with a commercial brand of hot fudge sauce i'd purchased. Mine was so much better, but also more costly. DW loves it. That's good enough for me.:yum:

Oh, if heated until liquified, and put on cake, it would make a great, and thick ganache.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
I wish you hadn't told me that. I'll be craving it all night.

Anything fudgy or toffee-ish is my downfall. Have to eat it and have to eat it ALL!

I checked the ingredients on a couple of store-shelve fudge sauces. The main ingredients was conrn syrup, or high fruictose corn syrup.

Two reasons I make my own fudge sauce; as Addi stated, it's more fun, and, my sauce is better tasting and uses the best ingredients. It does cost more to make though.

Here's what's in it.
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/8 tsp salt
1 large Lindt milk chocolate bar, broken up
1 large, Lindt white chocolate bar, broken up
Ghiradeli Milk Chocolat Chips
1/4 tsp. Hershey Cocoa Powder.
Put chcolate bars and cream into a pint mason jar and microwave for 1 to 2 mintes. Whisk together until smooth. Add the cocoa powder, salt, and chocolate chips to fill the jar. Microwave another minute. Whisk until smooth. Put the lid on and refrigerate until ready to use.

This sauce is a beautiful ganace that would be perfect heated, then poured over a ckae. When room temp, or cold, it has a thick, icing like vicosity, without the graininess of many butter creams.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom