How can we help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PolishedTopaz

Sous Chef
Hey All...............

I think that it is awesome that we have so many new members, more and more everyday. But, you/they are not posting:(.

What can we, as a team do to get more people to post here and stay around for a while?

Please post your suggestions here, I am sure that the helpers and admins. will look at them and do their part to make this a warm and welcome home for you as it is for us already:)

I think that's about all we can do PT - just make this place as friendly as we can and full of information. Maybe something someday will bring forth a question from someone who has never posted. Other than that I don't think there's much we can do.

PolishedTopaz said:
Hey All...............

I think that it is awesome that we have so many new members, more and more everyday. But, you/they are not posting:(.

What can we, as a team do to get more people to post here and stay around for a while?

Please post your suggestions here, I am sure that the helpers and admins. will look at them and do their part to make this a warm and welcome home for you as it is for us already:)
PT,
It's difficult at times for new posters to feel accepted..Sometimes,they feel left out and sometimes they hang back because they are not sure what to expect. I find everyone very friendly and helpful, but, it took me a time to get use to the in's and out's. Now I feel right at home. I think we might try to answer as many of the posts as we can, even if we don't have an answer, it might make others "see" that we care and want to help and chat. I don't know if this will help, but, I'm willing to give it a try, as I'm sure others will be to.. Let's just drop into a post that hasen't many replies and say HI:) :)
kadesma:)

When I can spend a good deal of time on the site that's what I'll do. If someone asks a question and if I don't have an answer for them I will say I don't have an answer and someone will pop in who does. Acknowledgement is 99% of acceptance IMHO.

I am new to this site. I don't post a lot but I really enjoy reading all the posts.

If I ever have anything to contribute I will gladly post...

Later

Looking forward to hearing your words of wisdom Run_Out.
Have a great day!!

I have been on this site since mid-October, I enjoy it greatly! I tend to respond to posts more than to post new threads... I do feel at home and that is because the members are SO friendly and accepting! Thank you all!!

Jocelyne

I have only been here a couple of weeks but have posted 2 or 3 times. I will most likely reply to posts than post new threads. I also frequent another web site right now since we are in the process of remodeling our kitchen. (htt://www.ths.gardenweb.com/forums/) However I am sure when my new kitchen is done I will have lots of questions and or recipies to post. Thanks for making me feel welcome!:rolleyes:

Oooooo! New kitchen! Make sure you share the pix! I just had mine done and I LOVE to see what other folks do with theirs. Welcome by the way!

Thanks Alix. We have lived here for 6 years with this awful kitchen. My husband had his own cabinet shop about 12 years ago. He is in the same field only now he sells anything a cabinet shop would need to build a kitchen or cabinets. He sold all his tools to make cabinets years ago ( he said he does not want to do that any more,he would rather pay some one else) but his knowledge and connections will hopefully make the remodel easier. I would love to post pictures( especially before) but I am not sure how. Any sugestions?

With so much information already available on this site, some people may feel embarassed about posting. 99% of my time spent here is reading, although I've been known to post a few questions etc.

There is so much "good guts" here it is simply great reading. In saying that, I off to read the "Bread Thread" because my bread quality has fallen right off for no apparent reason, possibly over working my dough. :) I have to investigate....

Just being here is a great help....

mdmc said:
Thanks Alix. We have lived here for 6 years with this awful kitchen. My husband had his own cabinet shop about 12 years ago. He is in the same field only now he sells anything a cabinet shop would need to build a kitchen or cabinets. He sold all his tools to make cabinets years ago ( he said he does not want to do that any more,he would rather pay some one else) but his knowledge and connections will hopefully make the remodel easier. I would love to post pictures( especially before) but I am not sure how. Any sugestions?

GB is our 'goto' guy for pix ask him for help with them when you are ready.:) Welcome Home!

mdmc said:
I would love to post pictures( especially before) but I am not sure how. Any sugestions?
To attach a file/picture to a new post, simply click the [Manage attachment -Browse] button at the bottom of the post composition page, and locate the picture that you want to attach from your local hard drive.

Only certain types of files may be attached: these are the valid file extensions for files to be attached to this forum: bmp gif jpe jpeg jpg png.

After posting, the attachment will show up in the body of your message. To view the contents of the attachment (if it is not already displayed) simply click the filename link that appears next to the attachment icon
attach.gif

Last edited:
Thanks for stealing my thunder MJ. Just kidding :mrgreen:

As always MJ's advice is crystal clear. I could not have said it better myself.

GB said:
Thanks for stealing my thunder MJ. Just kidding :mrgreen:

As always MJ's advice is crystal clear. I could not have said it better myself.
I was hoping I got that right GB.:ermm: You are the photo expert around here.

I saw a chance to copy and paste the instructions from the 'FAQ' list and look smart... so I did.:mrgreen:

Thanks MJ. I hope I can remember.And if not, I hope you won't mind me asking you again when I get the pictures (haven't started remodel yet) and get them loaded in my puter.:D :D

As far as keeping the newbies here, just keep being the sweet people that you are!!
That's why I'm still here. Ya'll are a bunch of fun loving people here!!
5.gif

Back
Top Bottom