How do these cookware brands compare?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redwind30

Assistant Cook
I need to purchase some new cookware. How does faberware, revere, emeril ware and all clad compare with each other?
Thanks!

So, so. Save up and invest in top quality that will last you a lifetime. Do it one piece at a time if needs be. It's worth it and you'll thank yourself in the long run.

Allclad's a bit expensive. Farberware and Revere USED to be adequate, don't know how they are now. Try buying one of the more affordable Allclad SS pots or pans that you have a need for and another from Tamontina (Brazilian manufacture). That way you'll have a basis for comparison.

Good cookware

That is what I do. I go tired of using second rate cookware and started looking for bargains in good cookware. Some of the larger department stores often have "try me" pieces of the really good stuff. They run from $20.00 to about $40.00.

And recently I started haunting the off price stores. You know the kind we see them adevertised all the time. I recently got a really good spring pan that I had seen at one of the MAJOR department stores on sale for $16.99 at one of the off price stores for $4.99!!!

No my pieces don't all match, but I can get the ones that best suit my needs at prices I can afford!!

Sorry to run on so long.

CandyD

Of the 4 you mentioned, All Clad is in a class by itself. It is among the better cookware you will find. You will pay for that quality though. If you have the money to spend on it then it is worth the cost (even if you are partially paying for the name). I can not speak specifically to the others as I do not have personal experience with most of them recently, but they each will have their positives and negatives. If money is no object though then go with All Clad and you will be very happy.

I have managed to get a full matching set of anolon cookware, bakeware and knives from Marshalls, TJ Maxx and Ross. It took awhile, but when I look at what the pieces cost in Department stores and specialty stores it was more than worth it

Andy,
Thanks for the website. Have you purchased All Clad irregulars?

No, I haven't. I know a number of folks that do, though. They are very satisfied.

I have a few pieces of All-Clan Stainless and a mixture of other brands. My preference is for tri-ply stainless. I try to find value with other brands when I can. I haven't bought a piece of SS cookware in years. I have what I need.

I have excellent pieces from Calphalon, Tramontina and LeGourmet Chef and a set from Costco.

Of the brands names, I only have Revere Ware. However, I have to say the pieces I have are well over 40-years-old and made far better than those on the market in recent years. For some tasks I wouldn't trade my Revere with any other cookware. My remaining cookware is a no-name of the other brands listed, which I'm perfectly happy with.

Best of luck on your quest.

you will hardly notice the blemish on an AllClad irregular. Of the AllClad types, MC2 is the most basic and SS is the most popular as it is dishwasher safe.

Yes you can get great items at Marshall/TJMax. But you gotta be a shopper for that. If you are, it is a great way to get top line products at bargain prices. Still, you will pay $50-80 for a bargain price top line pot or pan.

All Clad is better than the others you name. That being said, I just sold two sets of Revere Limited Edition cookware. One set fully copper clad stainless, the other set tri-ply stainless, with a copper jacket sandwiched between two layers of stainless steel. Brass handles on both sets. They look and cook beautifully. Light, easy to handle. Revere made Limited Edition all copper clad for about fourteen years, the tri-ply for only two. The guy who bought them cooks professionally, as does his dad, who I know. They were bought for his own use at home, and I'm sure he can buy whatever he wants. I have a few pieces of All Clad left, gave most away, and mostly use black steel and cast iron.

thank you

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I apologize for taking so long to respond, but my husband ended up in the ER and had to be admitted to the hospital. The cookware is not a priority right now, but I will keep your suggestions in mind.
Thanks again for the suggestions, you have been very helpful.

Sorry to hear about your husband. I hope all will go well for him.

meanwhile, the line cooks in 99% of all restaurants are using aluminum pans or black iron skillets from the local restaurant supply. i have 2 aluminum fry pans that i put thru hell... and i have some debuyer black steel pans that i use frequently. none of them are pretty, and nothing matches, but they get the job done.

Back
Top Bottom