How do you store your pot/pan lids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rocklobster

Master Chef
We are trying to come up with a solution as to how to store our lids..we have an open island where we keep most of our pots and pans and I usually just chuck the lids in there..they are all laying in there with no real place to go and sometimes fall out when we are grabbing or re arranging the pans...I've seen a few racks on line and that is the way we might go..just wondering what every body else does..

I mounted a wire shelf in the cabinet under the cooktop. pots below, wasted space above....
no. they are not always so neatly stored (!)

I would prefer a vertical rack, but alas - no space for one.
a lot depends on the size/shapes of handles/knobs . . .

IMG_0581s.jpg

Good job...accessible without having to go to another area in your kitchen..we have room in other cupboards but it doesn't make sense to have pots/pans in one area and the lids someplace else..

We are lucky enough to have a kitchen with a lot of large deep drawers and each lid is sitting on top of its pot/pan. For the really few large boiling pots, their lids slides into the side of the cabinet the pots are sitting in.

For the four pots that aren't stackable (I do a lot of stacking as I have little storage space), I leave the lids on the pans. For the larger items, I stand the lids against a cabinet wall with a paint stirrer fastened to the floor as a holdback.

Attachments

• IMG_3272.jpg
    IMG_3272.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 108
I only use a few basic pots and store them with the lids on them.

An inexpensive solution might be a dish drainer rack that is normally used to drain dishes after they are washed. It could be basic plastic or a more modern wire design.

This is the setup we have. We just recently found the plastic container you see for lids to keep them separated from the pots and pans. It's been working pretty well, although I gave up trying to organize them by size.

Attachments

• P1120027.jpg
    P1120027.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 126
How about one of these file sorter type things.
I was thinking of using one of these to stand my sheet pans, pizza pans, lids etc. on their side for easy access.

797CABA9-8BE0-45E8-A19F-BB0A2656774D.jpg

72945D50-CF32-4B5E-96B9-4DBFD2C2D55F.jpg

How about one of these file sorter type things.
I was thinking of using one of these to stand my sheet pans, pizza pans, lids etc. on their side for easy access.

View attachment 38303

View attachment 38304

I use something like that under my service porch sink for trays, sheet pans etc.

I also use a larger one in a lower cabinet for flat glass pans and casseroles.

I don't really have a kitchen. My pots and pans are stored in four milk crates mounted on casters. You can barely see Sara and Maybelle peeking through in the background. They are the fertilizer purveyors for my small indoor aquaponics system. They hold a grudge if not prominently featured so here's a pic with them in the foreground and me and the backside of the cooking crates reflected off their fish tank front wall.
IMG_20200113_162320916.jpg

IMG_20200113_162441586 (2).jpg

I like to store mine on a shelf and the ones I use more often I just leave it on the stovetop. As for the chopping boards I have a chopping board rack and my knives go on a magnetic knife rack- super handy and it saves a lot of space too.

Back
Top Bottom