How does he DO that?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I smash it with my knife and do the chop chop thing.Its pretty quick. I still have my fingers but have cut myself a few times. The times I mess up is when cuttin carrots with the wrong knife for the job.

I chop the same as does Goodweed. I have tried the jarred precut garlic and did not feel it had the same flavor as fresh so I only use fresh. Sometimes in the cooking shows they will say that the garlic should be finely minced or left in larger pieces, depending on the "type" of flavor desired. I don't get it? I use garlic lots and lots so this year my husband has planted garlic in the garden. Planted in the Fall and should get some in the Spring I think. We've never tried growing this before so it should be interesting. Garlic is pretty inexpensive so I don't mind buying the cloves, but we thought it might be fun to try growing our own. Has anyone tried growing their own and, if so, how did you like the results?

if you can, try to buy what's known as hardneck or stiffneck garlic. it has a much better, less bitter falvor. the cloves have a purple-ish tinge, and the center of the head is a little stem, not the increasingly smaller cloves as you find in normal garlic. a friend's brother grows these upstate ny (i didn't know it was garlic country either), and they are fantastic. i savor them every time she goes to visit him and brings me back a little bag. i store them in a brown paper bag on the counter so they last for a pretty long time, but i'm not sure how long since they never last...

p-top, i love watching yan chop. i saw him at a local home and garden show a few years ago. i have tried to imitate him, but i start to get scared for my fingers and have to slow down.

I can't and the 2 Hot Tamales can do that too.
They are each more talented than I.
But, if you first wash, evoo, s and p a clove, wrap in foil and bake, the pulverized version isn't as pungent but is easy to 'de-case'.

Back
Top Bottom