How Long Should I Bake This Chicken?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KateH21

Assistant Cook
I was given a bag of Schwan's breaded chicken breast tenderloins and I would prefer to bake them in the oven but there is no instructions for that. I have really bad acid reflux and I cannot eat foods that are cooked in oil, that's why I want to bake them.

Based on Tyson's instructions for their raw, frozen tenderloins, I would bake them at 375 for 30-35 minutes. Does that sound like what I should do for the Schwan's chicken?

I just want to make sure it's cooked thoroughly. It doesn't matter if baking takes away from how it's supposed to taste, everyone is just going to cover it in barbecue sauce anyway. :rolleyes:

As the chicken is breaded, add five ,minutes to the cooking time, as the breading,acts as an insulator. Also, line your baking sheet with aluminum foil, shiny side up to reflect the heat to the underside of the chicken. Place the chicken pieces onto a wire rack, allowing the heat to flow around the chicken. It will come out juicy. with a crisp breading. you might sprinkle on some Kraft parmesan cheese, yes, the stuff in the green tube, along with some ground pepper. Make your favorite dipping sauce, i.e. honey/mustard, ranch, thousand island, blue chees, ketchup and horseradish, or wasabi, tomato puree/sriracha, etc. Stay away from Oregano, as it has the medicinal property of a muscle relaxer, and can cause acid reflux.

if you want some green herb seasoning, thy minced (chiffonade) basil, or parsley. Bake at 375" F. If your chicken comes out overcooked and dry, reduce the cooking time, or bake at 350' F. for your next batch.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
An instant read thermometer reduces the chance of under or over cooked foods.

Ross

lol. I learned something new today. I didn't know threre were instant read thermometers. But now I know why I've had some of the problems I've had when cooking meat. I'll have to order one. Thank you!

Is analog or digital better? Or is it really just a matter of personal preference?

lol. I learned something new today. I didn't know threre were instant read thermometers. But now I know why I've had some of the problems I've had when cooking meat. I'll have to order one. Thank you!

Is analog or digital better? Or is it really just a matter of personal preference?
I believe the digital ones are a lot faster. Not so instant ;)

I use the digital from Walmart, Taylor brand, about $15. ThermaPen makes a "better" one for about $99. I, personally, haven't seen the need for the greater expense. Both available on Amazon.

Ross

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom