How many here grind their own black pepper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think so, too. Once I bought my own pepper grinder on a vacation that I took with a few friends. We rented a cabin for the weekend. They thought it was strange that I bought the pepper grinder instead of bringing the typical cardboard salt and pepper shakers from the grocery store.

Put me on the grind your own list - I especially love the combinations of black, yellow and pink peppercorns! Have even been known to bring out the mortar and pestle......look out I'm serious then! :LOL:

lindatooo said:
Put me on the grind your own list - I especially love the combinations of black, yellow and pink peppercorns! Have even been known to bring out the mortar and pestle......look out I'm serious then! :LOL:

Pink? :shock: Where ya get those from?

pinkpeppercorns1et.jpg

Pink peppercorns are actually berries that have a peppery taste.

We have fresh ground pepper in our house...just like lindatooo...black, white, pink and green peppercorns...sold as "Peppercorn Melange" by McCormick...(contact at 1-800-265-2600, M-F 0930-1600 EST, if you can't find it locally...)

Great stuff!

Grind mine all the time, I have two pepper mills on the counter but also grind some up in a morter and pestle on occasion. The stuff that comes pre-ground in the can is tasteless.

I would rather go without pepper than use the already ground stuff. That tastes like dust to me. Fresh ground pepper is the only way to go. I also will use the mortar and pestle at times as well. I am actually getting ready to place an order at Penzys and one of the things I will be getting is pepper. I am looking at the tellicherry and sarawak, but I don't know the difference between the two. Maybe I will just get both ;)

I do though I use white pepper. Mom gave me a bunch and I use that instead of black pepper.

Oh! Wasabi! These tears are not from the onions! lolololol

I LOVE Penzys!

I'm not especially fond of "hot" - but hot with flavor I go for every time!

I buy little mini grinders already full of pepper and sea salt. That way you get a new grinder each time. I went through three pepper grinders before deciding that is the way to go.

Perhaps it was just bad luck, perhaps I kept buying cheapo grinders. Not sure.

The grinders are also available with oil and herbs of different sorts, red peppers, etc. I have never tried those.

Is the Jamie Oliver assortment of cookware available over there? I thought the pans were over priced, but he had a GIANT grinder of dried red chili peppers as well as a grinder of dried oregano. I thought, peppers okay, but oregano?

Can anybody explain that to me. Do any of you grind your oregano?Pam

Black Pepper

Is there anything else except freshly ground black pepper ? Why I even carry a prefilled pepper grinder by McCormick when we go out to eat. We normally do not eat at fine dining and they don't grind pepper. People look at me as if I'm daffy, but what the heck I'm buying. One time I did have a person ask if they could borrow my pepper grinder.

Ground pepper is the only way to go. Love it. I have one grinder for black pepper, one for white pepper and one for green pepper. I get them all separate rather in a blend. :!:

I use a mix of five different peppercorns, black, red, green, white, brown and allspice. Do not understand the allspice but it is one of the corns in the mix. I always grind my own, they taste better and nippier.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom