How tall are you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cliveb said:
I'm 9 ft 3 ins according to the tape measure.

Oh, hang on, I measuring from the upstairs balcony...:ohmy::LOL: :LOL:
:LOL: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:
Watch out Bucky, competition!!!
Thanks for the laugh Cliveb..You're a hoot...

kadesma:)

kadesma said:
I have the same problem with pants, the petite's sometimes are to long..I have learned though that each designer has his or her own ideas as to lenght of pants..Some will be pefect, others I'd need stilts to wear them. I refuse to pay a hundred bucks for a pair of dress pants or even good jeans and then have to lop off 12 inches:LOL:
kadesma
I agree, Kadesma...While I'd love to have the $$ to be able to even think about affording a $100 of pants (or any item of clothing for that matter), I would still be happier to find ones that fit right off the rack.

Piccolina said:
I agree, Kadesma...While I'd love to have the $$ to be able to even think about affording a $100 of pants (or any item of clothing for that matter), I would still be happier to find ones that fit right off the rack.
Same here Piccolina,
I get so angry over the high prices on "Name Brand" pants and dresses,sweaters, and they are not worth the price. By the time you get finished cutting off this, taking in that, you have two outfits and a large headache:LOL: and neither the outfits nor the headache are what you wanted to begin with!!!

kadesma

I used to be REALLY skinny, so a trick I used to use, and still encourage shorter friends to use, is to by teenagers. large childrens designer clothes. They are MUCH cheaper, shorter leg lengths in trousers and actually go up to quite a "normal" female adult size. Maybe some of you more petite ladies might try that?

roll 'em (those jeans) ladies, roll 'em. or cut them off. they'll fit! me, i wear juniors, they often fit, maybe try those?

Last edited:
lulu said:
I used to be REALLY skinny, so a trick I used to use, and still encourage shorter friends to use, is to by teenagers. large childrens designer clothes. They are MUCH cheaper, shorter leg lengths in trousers and actually go up to quite a "normal" female adult size. Maybe some of you more petite ladies might try that?

ack! I'll be 40 this year. The last thing I want to wear is teen/junior wear!
(Anyway, the pants are made for those with bellies as large as hips! Sorry, I'm shaped like a girl, not a potato!)

lol, HEY, jkath, i do NOT look like a potato! i have my figure. it's thin, yet has a shape.:LOL:

yes, luvs, you do have a nice shape. However, those teen clothes seem to forget that girls are supposed to have a smaller waist!

I'm around 5'8"-5'9" - fairly tall. My hubby gets a lot of stares. He's between 6'9" & 6'10". :)

He always gets the "Do you play basketball?" question. I'll never forget - back when we were first dating, a vertically-challenged girl in a bar/restaurant asked him that question. His response, "No. Do you play miniature golf?" (Gosh - I hope that doesn't offend anyone. I thought it was great!)

I went to this restaurant called Shoeless Joe's one day and one of the servers asked me if a was related to Shaq because of the size of my feet.

Size 14 Canadian... and i think USA uses same sizes

goboenomo said:
I went to this restaurant called Shoeless Joe's one day and one of the servers asked me if a was related to Shaq because of the size of my feet.

Size 14 Canadian... and i think USA uses same sizes

Seth wears a size 15 shoe & his inseam is 38". Nothing that he wears comes from a store - everything must be ordered from a catalog or specially made. We sleep in a king-sized bed & he pretty much sleeps diagonally.

I have very much trouble finding shoes. Mostly because I only like white shoes :)
1 more size and I have to get then custom made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom