How to cut cherry tomatoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How delightful! I watch all of his other "How To"s." I will be using the tomato one for sure. I need to go on the hunt of YouTube. There are so many delightful ones out there. :angel:

How delightful! I watch all of his other "How To"s." I will be using the tomato one for sure. I need to go on the hunt of YouTube. There are so many delightful ones out there. :angel:

Let me know how it worked for you, and I'll post my experiment also.

About YouTube demos----- because so many cooking shows now flash through how 'stuff' is actually done (my perennial rant) I find that YouTube has better ones---- even if they're done by amateurs (which this guy isn't).

Let me know how it worked for you, and I'll post my experiment also.

About YouTube demos----- because so many cooking shows now flash through how 'stuff' is actually done (my perennial rant) I find that YouTube has better ones---- even if they're done by amateurs (which this guy isn't).

I go to YouTube all the time for answers and directions. What I love about going there is that very often, the camera will do a close up, just like this guy did when he was slicing. :angel:

That's a great hint and I've been doing it since I first saw it on Rachel Ray's cooking show quite some time ago. It works great for grapes and olives too. Another great hint she has is to squeeze a half lemon upside down, and the seeds won't fall into the food.

Update---- I tried cutting grape tomatoes the way described in the OP YouTube video.

I don't know if it's because the grape tomatoes were smaller/wrong shape or what but I had no success with the technique. I guess it could have been I didn't do it right.

I'll try with cherry tomatoes when I next buy them.

I bought a basket of cherry tomatoes with the intent of trying that plate trick. I ended up eating them for a snack. Next month I will buy another basket. See if they make it to the trick or my mouth first. :angel:

I heard that a serrated knife should be used on tomatoes, since normal knives get easily blunted with tomatoes....not that a serrated knife would work with this tip though!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom