How to keep butter based mixture from becoming solid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bpetruzzo

Assistant Cook
Hey folks! I'm new here, bit this looks like an active community. I'm looking foreword to getting involved.

So here's my question. I'm trying to figure out that best way to keep a butter based mixture from becoming stiff in the refrigerator. Kind of like how spreadable butter, even when cold, is not too thick to spread. Another good example might be the Papa Johns garlic butter sauce that always stays runny.

I've tried a few things, none of which worked. So I'm getting tired of wasting butter and time and thought it'd be wise to just ask for some other opinions.

Any ideas?

There is a butter-flavored oil product used in restaurants called Whirl - it does not become solid. I've never really looked for a butter-flavored oil in a store but they may be out there.

I take my butter out in the morning and leave it on the counter - when I go to bed - in the fridge it goes. Bad or not I have done it for years !
This old lady is mighty fine !! :rolleyes:

I had an aunt who always left the butter out.

Butter has been around a lot longer than the refrigerator.

If you are using it regularly would guess it is safe.

We've had a butter bell for almost 10 years and have had great luck with our butter. Because it holds only 1 stick, it gets used up pretty quickly, so there's little risk of the butter getting moldy or becoming rancid. It's a great way to always have soft butter.

I leave my butter out all the time. I use a half pint, wide mouth mason jar and lid. The jar holds two sticks, but I usually just put one at a time in, and the rest of the butter stays in the fridge.

I had a butter bell, but I found that the butter would melt out of the cup and fall into the water when the kitchen got too hot. I like the mason jar because the lid keeps the dust and flying critters out.

Back
Top Bottom