How to make sauce??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kenny1999

Senior Cook
Can I make sauce by myself? Is it difficult?

I could buy canned sauce but they are mostly only tomato or cream only for pasta, and they are usually not cheap.

I could buy canned sauce but they are mostly only tomato or cream only for pasta, and they are usually not cheap.

What kind of sauce do you want to make? Some are very simple, made with pan juices and some can be very complicated like mole.

If you're asking about sauces for pasta, tomato sauce and Alfredo sauce are actually pretty easy.

Chop up some onion and garlic and cook it in a couple of tablespoons of oil until they soften and you can smell the garlic. Add a can of tomatoes, some basil, salt and pepper and simmer for 30 minutes. That's a pretty basic sauce. You can adjust the seasonings if you like. You could add a little thyme or oregano. Chop up some mushrooms and cook them with the onion and garlic, etc.

Alfredo type sauce is easy as well. The real deal is just butter, parmigiano reggiano cheese and some of the water the pasta is cooked in. Many add some heavy cream to make it even richer. You could also add some garlic if you like.

Yes, you can make sauces yourself. Some are easy and some are more complicated, but with practice, you can probably make most of them. To echo Craig, what kind of sauce do you want to make (other than the two Andy described)?

Back
Top Bottom