Howdy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thewhtnight

Assistant Cook
Okee, new guy here. Man, there is a lot to this site. I will try to be of use here, but it appears that the depth of this site will be outta my league, so I imagine I will be using it mostly for research.

Brief history (for those who wish):
No formal cooking training aside from Line Cook at Flying J. Before and after that I have numerous hours doing home cooking, namely souther based recipies (YOU DON'T PUT SUGAR IN CORNBREAD!!!) and have been known to rant passionately about grease drippings.:angel:

I hope to gain a versitile skill in being able to make good down home food, or great quality hard to pronounce dishes in the future, and would like to end up in school, CIA would be heaven - I understand that Johnson & Whales is pretty decent too, someday when time and money permits. In the mean time I just go on instincts, whim, and a lack of measurement because I cook to taste.

-In reading over this I wonder if I have made a bad start for myself? Also, I'm gonna do some quick searching, but if someone could point out a thread for kitchen texts (cookbooks, ref. guides, etc.) I have the gold standard, what I call my bible, to share with the forum. Thanks.

Welcome to DC Whtnight,
you've found just the right place to stretch and grow. You asked about cookbooks and such and we do have a topic for them here.
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f87/
please look around and get familair with all the different topics we do have.

kadesma:)

Last edited:
Hi and welcome. I know you will like it here. It is a great place to find lots of great recipes and help on just about any topic.:)

I am so glad you found us!
What begins as "just doing research" very often becomes a close gathering of people from all cooking styles and abilities sharing techniques and treasured recipes.

Welcome to Discuss Cooking!

Thewhtnight said:
I will try to be of use here, but it appears that the depth of this site will be outta my league, so I imagine I will be using it mostly for research.
Welcome to DC! Speaking of depth, it is kind of like a swimming pool. No one would expect you to dive in and start swimming in an olympic-sized swimming pool first time out. So stick your toes in and get used to it (some of us take more getting used to than others! :LOL: ) then dive in when you're ready. I'm sure you have a lot to offer, and I know you will get great advice here--you just have to ask. In fact, sometimes you don't even have to ask--often someone else asks before you get a chance to. :cool:

:) Barbara
2.gif

Back
Top Bottom