Howdy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Braised Brachiosaurus

Assistant Cook
Greetings.

I began cooking in college, taking inspiration from Food Network shows. I realize many people watch these shows just to drool over the imagery - understandable, perhaps - but I actually put into practice the dishes that appealed to me. After a few years, I was easily one of the best cooks in my family.

Competition does not really interest me, though. In fact, I only mention this because of the terribly low culinary standards I grew up with. Most of my influence has been European, so I'm trying to branch into more eastern techniques. I'm particularly fond of Indian food, and I like the challenge it presents in my poorly-equipped kitchen. To some extent, anyway.

Sometimes it can be difficult to comfortably discuss this hobby with others, as many people seem happy to just eat the final product and not concern themselves with anything else. To that end, I would ask if there is a particular section of the forum where it would be appropriate to ask general or random questions.

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to getting acquainted with you all.

Welcome to DC. We have forums for general cooking questions, as well as off topic and many others.

Mosey around and feel free to post anywhere. DC is a great place with great people. Have fun.

Welcome to DC! You will see that we have threads about all kinds of food-related topics (and non-food related). I've learned a lot from this forum--it would be hard not to given the diversity of DCers.

Good morning from North Wales, I live to eat not eat to live, I think you and the great family here are the same as me.:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom