How's Dinner coming along? 2-14-2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, a lot of you really went all out for tonight's dinner! GREAT looking meals! :yum:

I had a steamed artichoke and a slice of toasted sourdough. :)

Beautiful dinners, guys! Aw, Steve, we'll all be your Valentine, as long as I can have a bite of that chicken, and you scrap the Brussels sprouts.

DH brought home some leftovers from work. Very romantic. I kept telling him all week that I wanted one of the caramel chocolate apples that the Humane Society sells every year as a fundraiser. I dropped many hints. And told him directly where to buy them. Apparently he's a bit thick, and I'll need to pick up my own caramel apple.

Last edited:
m3senr2.jpg
Rock, that is some serious yum going on there! I did beef ribs in the crockpot on Sunday and I don't think TB or I said a single word throughout the entire meal!

...the chef took it upon himself to "sample" the wine to make sure it was good enough to serve to the wife. :)
In my opinion, that is one of the most important jobs of the cook. ;)

...and a bag of crunchy Cheetos in the pantry -- I didn't want to buy them, there was this guy with a gun to my head who made me do it...
A guy forced you to buy them? :huh: My problem is I find things in my cart when I check out that I have no idea how they got there :ermm: Must just fall in on their own...:whistling:

...Aw, Steve, we'll all be your Valentine...

...I kept telling him all week that I wanted one of the caramel chocolate apples that the Humane Society sells every year as a fundraiser. I dropped many hints. And told him directly where to buy them. Apparently he's a bit thick, and I'll need to pick up my own caramel apple.
Yeah, Steve, what Dawg said.

Dawg, you need to buy TWO of those apples for just you, yourself. Maybe next time he'll remember? Nah, I didn't think so either...

..DH: Why do you want to go have dinner so early?
Me: Do you know what day it is?
DH: Yeah, it's Tuesday.
:doh:
Exactly! I personally like it better when Himself shows up with little surprises on non-holidays. That way I know he's thinking of me without the commercial prompting. :LOL: Now that he's retired, though, he rarely goes out unless we go somewhere romantic together - like Lowe's, Target, Aldis. He DID wash the non-dishwasher items tonight, though. :wub:

Ended up scraping my plans for chicken and couscous side because I had a taste for Chinese. And what the cook has a taste for, the cook makes. ;) I made Asian chicken soup with homemade stock, then shrimp stir-fry over brown Basmati rice. Made enough rice so we can have fried rice a few days down the road.

Attachments

• 2017-02-14 20.51.06.jpg
    2017-02-14 20.51.06.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 94
  • 2017-02-14 21.08.23.jpg
    2017-02-14 21.08.23.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 104
Beautiful dinners, guys! Aw, Steve, we'll all be your Valentine, as long as I can have a bite of that chicken, and you scrap the Brussels sprouts.

DH brought home some leftovers from work. Very romantic. I kept telling him all week that I wanted one of the caramel chocolate apples that the Humane Society sells every year as a fundraiser. I dropped many hints. And told him directly where to buy them. Apparently he's a bit thick, and I'll need to pick up my own caramel apple.

Steve, I will have Dawg's Brussels sprouts and she can have my chicken! Not that it doesn't look great, it really does!

Dawg, we have a company called the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. They make incredible apples! They have stores in malls and even some of the ferry terminals. The apples are about 2/3's of the way down the list!

Yep, I did use the little V smoker and the steaks and asparagus had the slightest amount of Mesquite smoke, since we like our steaks rare. Perfect!! :yum:

I just can't wait to hear Beth's steak dinner report!

Everyone had a wonderful sounding dinner, even without a Valentine!

The meal was fantastic. Thanks all for the steak recommendations. We ate the whole thing(s). Didn't take long to grill, DH likes his steak between raw and rare. He made mine med rare. He had a mountain of mashed potatoes to go with. We were very happy:pig::yum:

Attachments

• DSCN5650.jpg
    DSCN5650.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 100
Back
Top Bottom