Hump Day Dinner - 4/27

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Pasta Night !
Calamari Rings in a Sriracha - Laced Sauce over Ziti ..

Ziti with Calamari Rings 4-27-22.jpg

I'm planning a Chili of sorts. It is a quick chili and I'm going to change out the ground beef to ground chicken. So, ground chicken, chopped onions and celery, green chilis and some fire roasted diced tomatoes (canned)...chili powder, salt, pepper, if it looks like it needs something else, I'll add it! I'll serve it in a bowl next to some mashed potatoes. I think DH can deal with this...and I'll convince him to have some applesauce before a bowl of the homemade vanilla ice cream, topped with caramel sauce (his request).

We ordered individual pizzas on wholewheat crust. They were good. I had started getting a craving for pizza.

Turkey and a derivative

Oh my. Today’s grocery delivery included a half turkey breast. The personal shopper brought already baked turkey rather than fresh from the meat section. This is the kind located under grow lights next to the rotisserie chickens. The chickens are moist and delicious. However, if you were to buy 2 half turkey breasts, assuming there is a left and right half, you would be well on your way to cobbling together a new pair of sandals.

The only thing I can think why this happened, I forgot to check the box on the order—"do not substitute”. For those of you who shop in person, when ordering on line there are choices—substitute in different pkg size, diff brand,, or they offer “comparable” items”<< this is where they try to sub in peas for corn or other machine generated creativity. I think baked turkey hits all three categories. I admit I didn’t think about a substitute for fresh or frozen turkey…

Which is why we are having Turkey Tetrazzini for dinner. This isn’t what I planned on making. No gravy, no dressing/stuffing and no mash potatoes. Also no mushrooms or wine for sauce, but other ingredients are in the larder. I haven’t made tetrazzini in years that I remember, so it was really a good surprise easy to make and it turned out pretty good. Served along side glazed carrots and canned cranberry sauce.

Last edited:
I seasoned some country-style pork ribs with my all-purpose rub then grilled and finished them with BBQ sauce. Served with sesame noodles and cole slaw from a new recipe.

IMG_0023.jpg

I made a quick simple arugula salad for myself.

arugala_salad_042722_img_9546-jpg.49718

Last edited:
I made farfalle and cheese with some ham mixed in. Brussels sprouts with mushrooms and bacon went into the oven, too. Plenty of leftover mac and cheese, one serving of sprouts.
IMG_20220427_205739230_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom