Hump Day Dinner 7/7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Pasta night !
Steamed Mussels with Tomatoes in a Garlic-Butter Broth over Pasta..........

Mussels, Steamed, Tomato-Garlic broth.jpg

We had eggs in ham cups with shredded cheddar, rice fried with onion and vegis from the freezer (corn, peas, green beans) and Madras curry paste, along with radishes and baby carrots and a dip. I figured the veg in the rice along with the radishes and carrots was enough veg for one meal. I wasn't really up for making a salad. Also, those baby carrots are best fresher. Now, I have to figure out what to do with the carrot greens. To me, they taste like parsley, but intense.

My plate:

Egg in a ham cup with cheddar, rice fried with vegis and Madras curry paste, and baby carrots an.jpg

The leftovers for snacks:

Eggs in ham cups with cheddar.jpg

Last edited:
1 cup macaroni & cheese, huge salad, medium peach w/ half-and-half and Splenda, 1/4 of a Walmart Marketplace Cranberry Orange muffin.

We had a scampi-style dish with white wine, roasted red peppers, shallots and garlic in addition to the shrimp.

3A499C5B-B993-446A-A82E-B779F553EF09_1_105_c.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

We just got back from Southern AZ and I was looking for something quick, simple and tasty, ya know, soul satisficing.

I did a quick de-frost of some Sweet Italian Sausage, browned it up with some Olive Oil, Garlic, Sweet White Onions and some sautéed Kale... all served over Three Cheese Tortellini, topped with an extra driz of oil and loads of grated Parm.
:yum:

Ice Cream Sundaes later :cool:

From the Rancho Gordo (bean supplier) cookbook. Beans with chopped onion and peppers in a nest of asparagus on a base of polenta, with a bit of red salsa. Chopped white cheddar and a poached egg on top.

vuZFkO6.jpg

The beans are the Yellow Indian Woman variety, really great.

https://www.ranchogordo.com/

Last edited:
I made a Greek salad (cukes, tomatoes, red onion, kalamata olives) to spoon over greens (red leaf, spinach), then added strips of grilled haloumi cheese. Since Himself was finishing the last bowl of Gumbolaya, I tossed warmed cubes of leftover grilled chicken into my salad.

I love the way haloumi squeaks when you chew it. lol!

IMG_20210707_213048194.jpg

I made something from my childhood. My sister and I made these English muffin pizzas as kids (with supervision from the parents). You toast some muffins, add sauce, cheese and whatever toppings you want, and bake in a 400F oven till the cheese bubbles and the toppings look done.

Tonight, I used homemade sauce, fresh grated whole milk mozz, pepperoni, and garnished at the end with fresh basil from my garden.

I forgot how much of a PITA it is to add photos here, but I managed to do it.

CD

Attachments

• Pizzas001-small.jpg
    Pizzas001-small.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 40

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom