I ate WHAT???!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
weirdest thing....probablt "doulce"....dried seaweed...my grandfather got me hooked on it, but I have trouble finding it most times unless I go to a real fish market....love it...salty...chewy and high in iron!!!

ah, dulse is an irish delicacy. my dad used to pick the seaweed from the sligo and donegal coasts with his mom, then dry it out on wooden boards in the summer sun. he got me hooked on it too. try here for more info: http://www.seaveg.com

a friend/co-worker of mine is about to return from seoul, korea with a load of soju and laver for me, i can't wait...

these aren't odd to ME, and probably aren't to many of you, but to a person who knows little about the delights of the culinary world, well....
lets just say that my ingestion of each of these foods has ellicited an 'eww' or some variation of the word at some point.
-caviar
-oysters on the half shell (raw)
-carpaccio (that's raw beef, in case you don't know)
-frog legs
-alligator
-sushi
-sashimi
most of these are my favorites.
BTW, has anyone eaten ostrich? i saw this in the store and want to buy some.
and how about buffalo? that's on the shelves now, too, and it looks yummy.

luvs, buffalo, really bison, is excellent. i make buffalo burgers and hot dogs all the time. go to www.hillsidefarms.biz for the place where i get mine. the hot dogs and hot smokies are fantastic.

i've had ostrich medallions and burgers before. they're good, but the texture is a little different, not everyone likes it.

thanks, buckytom. i have to go check out that link.
i think my store has the ostrich medallions... i'm big on foods with a unique texture, so i think it's a go on the ostrich.

I have eaten ostrich burgers before.
60.gif
A bit dryer due to the low fat content. I prefer the regular beef version. But heck, I hear that ostrich is healthier.
57.gif

yeah, i heard that they're healthier than beef, DS. very low in fat.
i wouldn't but ostrich-burger for that exact reason... the grocery carries that but it seems to me that it'd be a waste of $ and time.

Oh yeah, I have eaten hearts too! I'm from the U.K and it's not weird here. Lamb heart roasted with stuffing :D

mutton brain,i just tasted it and wanted to throw up,though i knew it was not bad,it just looked weird.My husband loves it!

Pickled pig's feet.
Duck tongue - (Chinese - cooked in a black bean sauce)
Japanese mountain yam (? yamaimo) - sticky, glutinous mass!!

Please people eat more Emu, I hate them. I love all other animals, but if emus became extinct, I could live with that :P No not really. I actually like emu, especially emu pastrami, yum. Ostrich is ok too, there is always an ostrich stall at our local farmers market.

i bought venison sausages the other day, and made toad in the whole, which I renamed Bambi down the Hole.

I have eaten kangaroo, witchetty grubs, and goat. I am sure there have been weirder things, but i have blocked them out!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom