I broke my cherry.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScottyDaQ

Master of All
First butt in the new house. =D> =D> Tony and his family are coming over today to get "paid" for helping us move.

Now this is probably gunna be the best pork butt ever ! I had to make up a batch of rub, and while I was doing it, I put in some of Fatz's PigPowder, and some of Larry's WolfeRub. Put a little wooster on the 10 pounder and put it on the WSM with some maple and cherry around 10:30 last night. It's a beautiful thing.

Speaking of beautiful, I just checked the coals and put the meat probe in. As I go outside onto the deck, I look to the left, and see a huge White Tail doe. I had my camera, and tried to snap off a pic, but the friggin batteries didn't hold the charge.:-X So she's standing there looking at me. She licks her lips, snorts and starts walking up the lawn to the corn field in the back. It's the 3rd time in 2 days I seen her in the morning. .... Just wait til spring and my apple tree starts fruiting. Anyway.... I'll see if I can snap some pics of the place after the batteries get charged.
Time to make some coffee> We got one of those Gevalia deals...NICE!

Rock on dude! Where in Vermont are ya? That is one state I have never set foot in. Vermont and Maine are the only states east of the Big Muddy I have not traversed! Woody

ScottyDaQ said:
NorthEast
http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=79 ... airfax,+VT
Nice place....watch the sun rise over the corn field and watch it set over the lake and mountains in the valley. Come on up !

You gotta hit Maine. The Kittery Trading Post and LL Bean stores cannot be missed. The lobster is pretty good too from I hear. :!:

Damn Scooty, you're alomost a Canadian!

Nick Prochilo said:
ScottyDaQ said:
NorthEast
http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=79 ... airfax,+VT
Nice place....watch the sun rise over the corn field and watch it set over the lake and mountains in the valley. Come on up !

You gotta hit Maine. The Kittery Trading Post and LL Bean stores cannot be missed. The lobster is pretty good too from I hear. :!:

Damn Scooty, you're alomost a Canadian!
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Tham's faightin werds ! :!:

Anyway ... back to the topic....

The butt turned out awesome! The added rubs from my fellow officianados certainly helped !

I forgot to mention that it rained the entire night. Not heavily, but steady. I had the WSM on the deck and just had faith. I set the Maverick and went to bed. The low was 235, the high was 265. No alarms. I woke up at 5:30 and thought ... Crap! No alarms ... I'm scared to look at the receiver and see those little blinking dashes, or lift the lid and find a charred, or raw hunk o meat. ( first Q in a new set up ...ya know?) But the receiver was still registering and the pit temp was a solid 250, the meat was 169. Perfect.
Around noon I took it off, foiled it, and let it rest. I threw some Bush's beans together, some nice 3 color slaw with celery seed, Marzetties and apple cider vinegar, some ABT's and prepared those while Tony ... The mechanic, checked out and fixed up my riding mower, push mower and weed whacker(which I got for $100...including a trailered cart for the riding mower).

I never frickin found the charger for the batteries...so no pics. Sorry. :badgrin:

The kicker on this is that after Tony fixed up all my lawn stuff.... It's frickin raining today, and I didn't get to do what I wanted to do .... Mow MY lawn with MY tractor. I know, I know, but for a first time home owner .... that's a big deal.

p.s. Yes there are cup holders in the tractor. :bar:

Back
Top Bottom