I broke my Food Processor Bowl -- Have ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jennyema

Chef Extraordinaire
:oops:

I have had the same Cuisinart Food Processor since the mid 1980's. It's been great. But the inevitable did finallyhappen. I broke the thingamagig on the back of the bowl that engages the motor.

So here's the question: I remember hearing somewhere that new replacement parts do not work on old Cusinart FP's.... does anyone know if that is true? I don't want to futz around online looking for a bowl (I HAVE found some that LOOK like they'd work) if it's not going to work right.

Tnx, J

There are several places online where you can get a replacement bowl....don't throw out your old machine. Give me a minute, and I will give them to you.

From what I understand, most of the parts are made interchangeable from one model to the other. Do you have the model #? Maybe you could call one of those places and ask?

I'm in the market for a new blade for my 10 year old Cuis - was kinda hoping the motor would burn out, too, but no such luck! ;)

Some parts are interchangeable marmalady. Others are very specific.

Now, the knife would be interchangeable for the same cup capacity Cuisinart, but the bowl would not necessarily be. They made changes over the years. You have to remember, the bowl must fit not only the base, but the lid and chute mechanism.

THANKS CC, Marm and Psi

I am at work right now and like the dumbell I am I didn't check on what model I have. All's I know is that there is an "11" in it. I think ... :oops:

Anyway, the links/advice you have given me are great -- really helpful. Hopefully I will find something to work with the old girl.

I can still use the thing if I stick a chopstik in the mechanism to engange the motor, but that's not that easy and looks really stupid. And, sitting here, I am having a hard time discerning whether the broken piece is on the workbowl or the top -- I see that they are sold separately on one of those sites.

I would forget my own name if it were not sewn into my clothes. But ask me about brining or botulism or the malliard reaction and it just flows out from somewhere. :roll: :shock:

Anyway, I will let you guys know what/how I do.

And CC ... I doubt you'd want the old girl anyway. She still works, but has never been right after a tragic bread dough incident a few years back before ai acquired my big KA mixer.... :(

Back
Top Bottom