I Cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bob

Chef Extraordinaire
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty

uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The

phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde

Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the

ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat
ltteer be in the rghit

pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a
porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by
istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? :ermm:

Fascinating, UB. I have seen this before and it is amazing how little grammatical rules have to do with basic understanding. I think, though, that any precise communication must be precisely phrased. Ever stumble on the book Eats, Shoots & Leaves? It's wrtoh the raed.

That is just too cool.
Other cool facts; if you take a group of people and remove all time cues, they will naturally create a twelve hour work day, with about 8 hours of rest, and 4 hours of play time.

If you wear glasses that invert the world (turn it upside down), in a week's time, your brain will adjust what you see, and the world will look right-side up. When you remove the glasses, the world again looks upside down.

Your brain re-invents itself by building new synapses and communication paths in order to solve problems. This is why it takes time to learn something new. And as a point of fact, an effective learning tool is to study something just before going to bed, and sleep on-it. This allows the brain to process info while you sleep, and do whatever magic it does. You will often awaken with the problem solved, or the process learned.

You can teach yourself to control your emotions, instantaneously turning on and off feelings of remorse, anger, sadness, joy, ecstacy (sp), sympathy, etc. Great actors learn to do this. I can, if I recognize the need, turn off extreme anger as if I were controlling it with a light switch.

We can teach ourselves to be who we want to be.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

And as a point of fact, an effective learning tool is to study something just before going to bed, and sleep on-it. This allows the brain to process info while you sleep, and do whatever magic it does. You will often awaken with the problem solved, or the process learned.

You can teach yourself to control your emotions, instantaneously turning on and off feelings of remorse, anger, sadness, joy, ecstacy (sp), sympathy, etc. Great actors learn to do this. I can, if I recognize the need, turn off extreme anger as if I were controlling it with a light switch.

We can teach ourselves to be who we want to be.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Excellent observations, Goodweed. In fact, one can train oneself to control most autonomic functions such as pulse and respiratory rate, as well as adrenalin release. I think this degree of control is good; some think it makes a person cold and unfeeling. YMMV.

"If you wear glasses that invert the world (turn it upside down), in a week's time, your brain will adjust what you see, and the world will look right-side up. When you remove the glasses, the world again looks upside down."

Right on Goodweed. Actually the images on our retinas are just the opposite of the world we have to navigate. Up is down, down is up, and right and left are juxtaposed.

Yet we manage to navigate ourselves through life. We drive cars, fly planes, and puke down instead of up.

Amazing the way we work.

So if I obtain a pair of these glasses, and give them to my DW, in about 7 to 10 days she will see everything the way I do??:ermm: Where can I buy a pair???:LOL:

I’ve read about this before. If I recall correctly, only a certain percentage of people actually can understand/decipher the words. Something like 50% or so. I’ll have to look that up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom