I got deleted...............

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
from the texas bbq rub forum. I asked if anyone had tried Wolfe Rub and got deleted. LARRY, did you do a no no there?

What's the deal over there? FATZ actually got removed from the membership because of something related to his rub...

The Joker said:
What's the deal over there? FATZ actually got removed from the membership because of something related to his rub...

For the record FATZ's removal was due to other causes. His Rub was the least of it .

For the record let me also add Texas BBQ Rub forum is still one of the best around. Bill does not allow other people to sell Rub on his forum. Why would he? He does let other people advertise his products. Provided you get permission.

Gatorpits and Texas Pepper Jelly are just two examples.

Burnt Food Dude said:
It seems that lately they have become very "clickish" there. It appears you have to praise Bill's rub and Texas Pepper Jelly every once in a while. My avatar got the boot and my signature got erased.

They don't want you advertiseing or comparing TBBQRub with anyone elses.

Clickish ... far from it. Texas BBQ Rub is one of the best forums on the net. Help is offered to any and all that ask.

No body has to praise anything. If they do it is because the like the products.

Your avatar like many others got dropped when the board was redesigned. You can now upload your avatar and it will be sized properly. Have you tried that? Did you ask Blake or anyone else for help? The signature field is much smaller than the original. I lost mine as well. So I rewrote it. Whats the big deal?

There is a lot of comparing things. There have been and are rub discussions from time to time. What they do not allow is competition advertising on their forum. Can you blame them? Do you really think General Motors buys ad space so Ford can advertise? Come one ....

Advertising and comparing are two different beasts ....

Guys, I have never seen anyone excluded from or be made to feel unwelcome at Bills forum. If there is a no competition rule, so be it. The Internet is a huge place with plenty of ways to sell product. I have never seen anyone mistreated at the txbbqrub forum. As far as the avatars go, when the board was reformatted I helped a bunch of folks resize their avatars because their was deadline to do it or they would be deleted. No clicks at all either. No need for any controversy. :!: Just LOVE baby just LOVE :grin:

I agree with Texana. That is the only other board I visit on a regular basis. I wouldn't let competitors advertise either...rub is his business and it is his forum to do what he wants.

This thread WILL NOT turn in to a TXBBQRUB forum bashing. If it was a different site I would let this thread run its course but Bill is a good friend to me and to this site!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom