I have Chicken Breasts!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tanya

Assistant Cook
What shall I make?

Ive also got prawns, bacon, sausages, sweet potatoes, onions, garlic, pepper etc.

Ooo also single cream, sour cream, cheddar cheese, goats cheese....

Throw me some ideas :D

Well my first thought would be that you should make me some lunch LOL. :ROFLMAO: I'm getting hungry.

cut them into small pieces, cover with onions and garlic
Mix your creams together, season with whatever you want, cover the breasts, top with cheese and bake for about 45-60min at 180°C

How about chicken and bacon wrapped prawn skewers. Cube the chicken small enough the shrimp and chicken will cook at the same time. This is providing your prawns are raw not cooked. Use onion and garlic cloves between each piece of meat. YUM.

If they are bone/skin on Chicken breasts..

Take the garlic, onions, pepper and place in a pot and boil, drop in the prawns. Boil the prawns then chill for shrimp cocktail..
Take the bacon, fry it up, remove. Flour, salt and pepper the chicken, fry in the bacon grease..

Pop the sweet potatoes in the microwave,

have the shrimp cocktail, fried potatoes with baked sweet potatoes.. serve the potatoes with some butter and brown sugar..

Oh.. the bacon.. either save for later or eat it while the chicken is cooking...

chicken and shrimp together? :S... never thought that would work..

I think ive decided on

Halved peppers with a layer of goats cheese, sweet pepper mash, chicken, onion/garlic, then topped with bacon bits and maybe more goatscheese or cheddar? :) With some parsley or chives sprinkled on top!
Whatd you think?

chicken and shrimp together? :S... never thought that would work..

I think ive decided on

Halved peppers with a layer of goats cheese, sweet pepper mash, chicken, onion/garlic, then topped with bacon bits and maybe more goatscheese or cheddar? :) With some parsley or chives sprinkled on top!
Whatd you think?
I think you won't taste the chicken. goat cheese, peppers, bacon, cheddar are all strong flavors. Chicken is very mild. It might be very good... but the chicken will probably get lost in the mix.

Flatten the chicken breasts, salt/pepper/olive oil them, place the shrimp along one end and roll up. You could do tails on on each end and then tail off in the middle. Or no tail, just lay along one end. Place seam side down and saute in hot pan. Slightly turn the rolled breast into a smile. It will hold its shape and shouldn't unroll if you are patient and let it brown and be careful when turning. Finish in the oven for about 15 minutes or so.

Once done and cooled a bit slice at an angle and lay out in the same "smile" at the front of the plate. Everything else behind it.

Make a butter sauce with only a LITTLE of the bacon (even just a bit of the bacon grease to make it smokey versus any bits of bacon, with a bit of goat cheese added at the end. Spoon on the front of the plate in the same smile pattern and place sliced chicken on top or just drizzle over.

Two keepers:

SAUTEED CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOMS

½ Cup Flour
½ Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
4 Boneless Skinless Breast Halves (6 to 8 Ounces Each)
4 Tablespoons Butter
1 Pound Mushrooms, Sliced
1 Cup Onion, Diced
½ Cup Dry Sherry
1 Cup Chicken Stock
⅔ Cup Half & Half
4 Teaspoons Fresh Thyme, Chopped
Salt & Pepper to Taste

1. Mix together flour and nutmeg. Set aside 2 Tablespoons
of mixture and put remainder on plate.

2. Pound all breast halves to about ½ inch thick,
season with salt & pepper.

3. Dredge two of the breast halves in flour mixture.

4. Melt half the butter in hot 5-quart saute pan over medium
heat; saute two floured breasts halves about 3 to 4
minutes per side; place cooked breasts on clean plate
and cover with foil to keep warm.

5. Repeat steps 3 & 4 with remaining butter and breasts.

6. Add mushrooms and onion to pan, saute until brown,
about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.

7. Add reserved flour mixture to pan and cook about
1 minute, stirring constantly.

8. Add sherry to pan and stir about 30 seconds to loosen
brown bits on bottom of pan; add stock and half & half to
pan and bring to boil, stirring constantly.

9. Reduce heat to medium-low, place chicken on top of
mushrooms; simmer uncovered about 5 minutes to heat
chicken and thicken gravy; add salt & pepper if needed.

10. Garnish with chopped thyme & serve.

SLICED CHICKEN BREAST WITH GREEN SAUCE
Petto di Pollo con Salsa Verde

Chicken
1 onion, peeled and quartered
1 carrot, peeled and cut into 3 or 4 chunks
1 celery stalk, cut into 3 or 4 chunks
4 springs of Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
4 chicken breast halves, skinned and boned
salt

Put the vegetables and salt in a pan with enough water
to cover the chicken and bring to boil.

Add chicken to boiling water, return to a boil, reduce to a
simmer, and cook about 10 to 15 minutes, until chicken
is just barely cooked through.

Remove chicken from pan and set aside. Discard cooking
liquid. Chicken may be served hot, but it’s better at room
temperature or chilled.

Green Sauce
½ cup Italian parsley
¼ cup fresh basil
2 large cloves garlic
3 anchovies
2 tablespoons capers
¾ cup olive oil
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
salt & pepper to taste

Put all ingredients in a container and chop with
hand-held blender, regular blender, or food processor,
until well mixed, or finely chop everything by hand and
mix.

Service
Slice each breast half crosswise and arrange on plate,
fanning out slices; top with green sauce. Good with
sliced boiled potatoes (hot or cold), also topped with
sauce.

What shall I make?

Ive also got prawns, bacon, sausages, sweet potatoes, onions, garlic, pepper etc.

Ooo also single cream, sour cream, cheddar cheese, goats cheese....

Throw me some ideas :D

Okay, let's work with you have for meats first. I would suggest slicing the chicken into 2" slabs, wrap with bacon and saute those with the onions and garlic and butter until done (use a meat thermometer). Then saute the prawns and sausages (I am assuming you have those little sausages) in butter and onion. While doing that, bake the sweet potatoes at the same time, then use the sour cream and the cheeses on the sweet potatoes.
OR while baking the sweet potatoes, steam some fresh veggies like broccoli and cauliflower and use the cheeses on those. No matter what, I would think you would have a really tasty and healthy dinner there.

I think you won't taste the chicken. goat cheese, peppers, bacon, cheddar are all strong flavors. Chicken is very mild. It might be very good... but the chicken will probably get lost in the mix.

Hm yeah youre right there :( I could use the sausage which is a much stronger flavour and knock out the cheddar and bacon? :S :( oh im not sure I wanted something layery :(

I always thought peppers were quite a mild flavour :LOL:

Poor dear...my ex-wife had chicken legs. Made her partial to slacks. Well, just wear a nice sweater, and I'm sure no one will notice.

wow, everyone wants you to cook a crazy meal... how about, frying the breasts (cut small) on med high in a little oil, seasoned with salt/ pepper and cajun seasoning. cook through.. warm a flour tortilla (10 sec microwave), add your favorite shredded cheese, medium salsa, then your chicken peices. Best lunch EVER!!!!!

Ooh, ooh...I took two boneless, skinless chicken breasts, one firmly but gently in each hand, last night, and...wrapped them in bacon! Used wooden toothpicks to keep the bacon in place, coated lightly with cracked pepper, the 4-color stuff, and baked on a rack until the chicken was 170f. and the bacon was crispy. Let set for about five minutes, and dressed with a stripe of dijon mustard and capers. I'm not eating grains lately, so no rice side (would've gone nicely, though), and a green salad. Tres yum.

wow, everyone wants you to cook a crazy meal... how about, frying the breasts (cut small) on med high in a little oil, seasoned with salt/ pepper and cajun seasoning. cook through.. warm a flour tortilla (10 sec microwave), add your favorite shredded cheese, medium salsa, then your chicken peices. Best lunch EVER!!!!!

I'm with Eric on this one. I'd keep it simple. But, having said that, If someone else took the time and effort to prepare many of these other combinations, I'd be at the front of the line to sample them.

Back
Top Bottom