I only have a half hour!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skittle68

Sous Chef
I got called in to work today, so that only leaves me with 1/2 and hour (after going to the store) to make food for the poker game. I did chips and dip last week, and I hate doing the same thing over and over. I don't have time to do what I had planned, so what can I do for quick finger food?? Thanks in advance!

Heat up some little smokies, dump a jar of gardieniera into a bowl and serve some cheese and crackers?

Why not do a tray of bologna, cheese, crackers and mustard? You could do hot pretzels, Pizza Bites, popcorn, tortillas with salsa and or cheese. I think that just strolling down the snack isle should help.

Go to the store....by two pizzas....take them home and put them in the freezer....leave instructions on how to cook on the refrigerator...

Fun!

Uncle Bob said:
Go to the store....by two pizzas....take them home and put them in the freezer....leave instructions on how to cook on the refrigerator...

Fun!

He he I like this idea, except I keep all my bf's poker winnings in exchange for preparing food ;) even with the cost of food, I'm ahead by about $60 so I try to always have a nice spread for them

get some frozen meat balls and put them in a crockpot with bbq sauce or spaghetti sauce. Have some sub buns and shredded cheese available and let them make meatball subs. Or just have forks or toothpicks for them to eat them with. slap together some cold cuts on the sub buns and have variety of condiments to put on them.

Fun!

I agree 100%. But, don't bother w/the "destructions". We usually do it our way anyway.

chili dip is always easy and quick. can of chili without beans. one 8oz cream cheese. pop in micro til hot and cheese can be stirred in. frito scoops are wonderful with it.

you can add more stuff if you have a large group. i do the meat ball thing in the crock pot with cranberry and chili sauce. both in cans and already prepared meat balls. find in freezer section. good luck.

Purchase chicken thighs from your local supermarket or gas station that makes that fresh chicken. Bring it home and sprinkle on a mixture of Sriracha and Tabasco sauce. Or use pre-made wings the same way.

Make a bunch of frozen french fries in a 425 degree oven. Plate with cheese, and gravy.

Purchase large loaf of french bread. Slice in half lengthwise. Top with capiacola, salami, pepperoni, peperoncini, and provolone cheese. Pop in a 450' oven for five minutes to heat through. Slice into multiple, mini subs.

Give them fried pork rinds, with potato chips, corn chips, salsa, and cups of good canned chili. The Progresso brand isn't bad tasting, but is a little thin. Add some tomato paste to it with more chilli powder. Serve in cups with shredded cheese and the sides listed above.

Some ideas to help you through your next "short time to make it" crisis.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom