I Started Smoking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I live in a condo development and have had a gas grill on my deck for my outdoor cooking efforts. For years it was a Weber and could not manage to make it work as a smoker because I could not get it to hold a low enough temperature to smoke properly. That grill gave up the ghost and I replaced it with a Ducane.

I was thinking about how I would cook the country-style ribs I had rubbed and waiting in the fridge. I fired up the grill and did some testing. With one of the three burners on a low setting, I can maintain temperatures from 250 F up. Hooray!

I soaked some hickory chips and fired up the grill got things going and smoked the ribs indirectly. When they were mostly done I brushed on some BBQ sauce and finished them off.

I call them a success.

Now I can move on to: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f35/need-a-tnt-recipe-for-abts-64028.html

No pix, didn't happen!;):LOL:

Sounds great! I haven't done country ribs for a long time, sounds great right now.

ABT's are what ever I have on hand, leftover pulled pork, heck leftover country ribs(same thing I guess), and some cheese.

No pix, didn't happen!;):LOL:

Sounds great! I haven't done country ribs for a long time, sounds great right now.

ABT's are what ever I have on hand, leftover pulled pork, heck leftover country ribs(same thing I guess), and some cheese.

Sorry Al. I always forget the camera. Please feel free to use your imagination.

That's exactly what I used to do til I got a cheap electric smoker. It's ok, but I prefer use my 22" Weber kettle for smoking. I can maintain low steady temps for hours with one single chimney full of charcoal.

:LOL: ...kudos for the clever title to your thread, Andy. I came in here all ready to give you a piece of my mind and was befuddled at how smoking could be qualified as on-topic for DiscussingFood. So glad you like your new grill/smoker.

Back
Top Bottom