I think Emeril is obsessive-compulsive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
he always says things in multiples of 3 ('happy-happy-happy') and he says the same phrases over and over again. i'm serious about this. it's annoying. can't they put him on medication? he always says 'happy'.

Re: i think Emeril is obsessive-compulsive

luvs_food said:
he always says things in multiples of 3 ('happy-happy-happy') and he says the same phrases over and over again. i'm serious about this. it's annoying. can't they put him on medication?

I think they make him do that, he's beome a "Persona" and the network is brobably scared to let him bak off of it in any way.

He's actually a bit more subdued on his Essence show, and if you ever saw his original essence shows, he was MUCH more serious/subdued.

These days it appears to be as much about entertainment as cooking.

John

Re: i think Emeril is obsessive-compulsive

luvs_food said:
he always says things in multiples of 3 ('happy-happy-happy') and he says the same phrases over and over again. i'm serious about this. it's annoying. can't they put him on medication? he always says 'happy'.

That could be the problem, maybe he is on medication??????? I too get tired of his jokes because if someone laughs once he says it all the time, like his, I don't know where you get your.........If I hear that once more I will scream. BUt I love the essence he makes, I have the recipe for two of them and they are great, I just omit the cumin and cut down on the cayenne.

EDIT: I look at him now as a showman not a chef, he is now much to theatrical.

theatrical, oh yeah!!!!!!!!!! definately
it's not like he's scripted, so he came up with those phrases on his own. i could pull my hair out listening to his show. or i COULD just pick up the remote. :D

luvs_food said:
theatrical, oh yeah!!!!!!!!!! definately
it's not like he's scripted, so he came up with those phrases on his own. i could pull my hair out listening to his show. or i COULD just pick up the remote. :D

I sometimes watch Essence, they are earlier shows and he is more like the chef persona.

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
Well, MJ, Jon, Damp and me shall take care of the problem. ;) (cracking knuckles) 8)

Yo! Emeril!! We're here from the union...

We'd like to talk to you for a minute..." 8)

John

I agree! Emril is part of the axis of evil! He must be beat into submission!
2.gif

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
Wasabi... go to your room. NOW!
11.gif

Or go to the beach, your choice! ;)

John
(Still fuming over American Airlines emailing me a "Hawaii is on sale" message yesterday when it was ZERO degrees!!!)

I can see I'm in the minority here. I love Emeril. I love his recipes. I learned how to make the best biscuits by watching him. I don't mind how loud he is or how he gets the audience to participate. Even his "knobs" jokes are ok. The bottom line is I learn some good techniques from his shows and that's what's important.

Psi, I'll jump into the "minority" right beside you!

Have copied out several, if not many of his "works" and here certainly explains how to cook them, and what ingredients are critical, something that cannot be said for every TV chef!

Further, the results have been universally both "successful" and "delicious"!

I had the opportunity to "dine" at K-Paul's in New Orleans, when Emeril was "chef'ing" there, and it was possibly the best cooking I've had....nor, reportedly, did he carry on in real cooking as he does on his shows...which I have read is PURELY for showmanship reasons of making his shows popular...and since he's still on-air and packing 'em in, with pricey tickets, its plain his "following" remains as solid as ever...couldn't get a glimpse of a ticket when he visited Toronto....

Lifter

Back
Top Bottom