I think Emeril is obsessive-compulsive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think we should get organized as a large group to go on his show and when hes says Bam :!: ...Start throwing grapes at him.

Bangbang said:
I think we should get organized as a large group to go on his show and when hes says Bam :!: ...Start throwing grapes at him.

LMAO

I think that is a great idea! Count me in :)

choclatechef said:
Ishbel said:
Goodness - you are a BRILLIANT impressionist..... so LIKE him.... :LOL:

IS he famous - or should that be 'was'??? Have to say, I was underwhelmed by his cooking style! Mind you, I only saw ONE show..

I have to say this......Jacques Pepin is one of the foremost chefs in the world! He was chef to Charles DeGaulle --- Prime Minister of France!

He is one of the greatest teachers in the cooking world. He has at least a dozen or more fine cookbooks, dozens of instructional videos, and several great cooking shows on PBS -- a couple of which were with Julia Child...ever heard of her?

Who is Jacques Pepin? One of the world's finest!

Goodness, I seem to have flicked you on the raw with my simple question about a chef I've never seen on TV and have never heard of before.... :oops: Have you heard of people like Nick Nairn or Gordon Rankin or Shaun Hill? They all hold Michelin stars.... We can't ALL be experts on all chefs all over the world.... I love food, I have been on many short cookery courses both in the UK and in Europe - but I certainly don't think I'm restaurant quality cook or think that I know there is to know about every chef in the world. Now, if my lighthearted question offended you in some way, then I apologise - I certainly didn't mean to upset you.

Yes, Chocolatechef, I have heard of Julia Child, although the television shows she made didn't seem to appear on mainstream TV over here either.... I think it is probably because although we are two nations with a common language - for many Americans that is probably all they have in common with the British... By that, I mean perhaps the background of many Americans is not British, or even European - and that makes for quite radical differences in our approach to cooking - but Jacques Pepin is a new one on me - I saw one show - the dishes he made were really nothing much to write home about - and De Gaulle has been dead for many years and French cuisine has moved on considerably, too.... just like Italian, Australian and dare I say it, American?

Phewwwww - that's OK, then, Wasabi..... I felt I had obviously committed a faux pas in not knowing who he was... ;) :LOL:

Nonnnnnoooooooo - I'm much too polite and positively matronly to indulge in food fights... :LOL:

Ishbel said:
Nonnnnnoooooooo - I'm much too polite and positively matronly to indulge in food fights... :LOL:

Oh come on...you will have fun. Mashed potato balls make great grenades. :LOL:

No, thank you..... but I'll certainly sit on the sidelines (out of firing range, you understand!) and cheer on those who join in.... :LOL:

Ishbel said:
Goodness, I seem to have flicked you on the raw with my simple question about a chef I've never seen on TV and have never heard of before.... :oops: Have you heard of people like Nick Nairn or Gordon Rankin or Shaun Hill? They all hold Michelin stars.... We can't ALL be experts on all chefs all over the world.... I love food, I have been on many short cookery courses both in the UK and in Europe - but I certainly don't think I'm restaurant quality cook or think that I know there is to know about every chef in the world. Now, if my lighthearted question offended you in some way, then I apologise - I certainly didn't mean to upset you.

Yes, Chocolatechef, I have heard of Julia Child, although the television shows she made didn't seem to appear on mainstream TV over here either.... I think it is probably because although we are two nations with a common language - for many Americans that is probably all they have in common with the British... By that, I mean perhaps the background of many Americans is not British, or even European - and that makes for quite radical differences in our approach to cooking - but Jacques Pepin is a new one on me - I saw one show - the dishes he made were really nothing much to write home about - and De Gaulle has been dead for many years and French cuisine has moved on considerably, too.... just like Italian, Australian and dare I say it, American?

I am not upset or even offended. I am just amazed that you would not know of Jacques Pepin! He is world reknown and justly so......he is not a U.S. product, and did not even come here until the 1960's. Here is a blip from his online biography,

"Jacques Pépin, a world-renowned chef, author, instructor, and the host of popular cooking programs on public television, Jacques Pépin began his culinary career in his parents' restaurant, Le Pelican, in France. He received formal training at the Grand Hotel de l'Europe, and Paris restaurants Meurice and Plaza-Athenee, and served as personal chef to French heads of state Felix Gaillard, Pierre Pfimlin, and Charles de Gaulle.

Jacques is the author of the acclaimed La Technique and La Methode, two books that present the principles of culinary technique and artistry and earned him a place in the James Beard Foundation's Cookbook Hall of Fame, an honor bestowed each year on an author whose contributions to food literature have had a substantial and enduring impact on the American kitchen.

Jacques and KQED received James Beard awards—the food industry's highest recognition—for Today's Gourmet (Outstanding Culinary Video, 1994), Jacques Pépin's Kitchen: Cooking with Claudine (Best National Cooking Segment, 1997), and Jacques Pépin's Kitchen: Encore with Claudine (Best National Television Cooking Show, 1999).

Jacques currently serves as dean of special programs at the French Culinary Institute and as an adjunct faculty member at Boston University. He is a restaurant consultant, a contributing editor for Food & Wine Magazine, founder of the American Institute of Wine and Food, a trustee of The James Beard Foundation, and a member of the International Association of Culinary Professionals. Pépin lives with his wife Gloria in Madison, Connecticut. "

But if you feel that French cuisine or world cuisine has passed him by.......everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Most of the world would disagree.

'Most of the world would disagree'?

Hmmmmmm - and I wonder on what information you base that assumption? Have you conducted a worldwide poll? 8) Or visited France recently?

I visit France regularly - and I can honestly say I've never heard of the man - I've never even seen a cookery book with his name on it... I'm glad you're a fan of his - but isn't it good that we don't all have the same taste in food - otherwise the world would be a very boring place. :roll:

Maybe this is an effect from the medicine he is on. Hey with his money he can say anything he wants. Who is going to stop him????

Ishbel said:

Hmmmmmm - and I wonder on what information you base that assumption? Have you conducted a worldwide poll? 8) Or visited France recently?

I visit France regularly - and I can honestly say I've never heard of the man - I've never even seen a cookery book with his name on it... I'm glad you're a fan of his - but isn't it good that we don't all have the same taste in food - otherwise the world would be a very boring place. :roll:

:LOL: For someone who does not want to scuffle, it looks like you want to scuffle! But I'm not going there with you, find somebody else. 8)

I am almost workin up an appetite for Chitterlins,hog maws,and mac&cheese with a bottle of Frank's Redhot Sauce. Won't forget the beer either.

choclatechef said:
Ishbel said:

:LOL: For someone who does not want to scuffle, it looks like you want to scuffle! But I'm not going there with you, find somebody else. 8)

I feel it too......here.....I got a spare pea shooter. In before the Lock. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom