I think I better check this forum often

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
P.S. As far as quitting sweets. I have no plans to quit them completely. I want to stop for one month, I've done it before for 2 weeks, after that I will bring them back, but hopefully in a significantly smaller portion.

P.S. As far as quitting sweets. I have no plans to quit them completely. I want to stop for one month, I've done it before for 2 weeks, after that I will bring them back, but hopefully in a significantly smaller portion.

Sounds like a good plan Charlie. Portion control is key!

Elevated blood sugar levels may indicate a pre-diabetic condition. This suggests the need to modify dietary habits to prevent progression to diabetes. My aunt successfully adjusted her eating habits and managed to lower her levels, preventing the development of diabetes. It's fortunate that you're aware of it now. Best of luck in bringing those levels back down!

A few years back I went for blood work and my sugar was borderline diabetic ( among other things). I was told to cut back on carbs then check back in 12 weeks for a follow up blood test for comparison. Being vegetarian/ vegan, that was a challenge, since carbs played a pretty big role on what I ate. I was a little nervous, cause if the results came back with ,little or no change, then something systemically ( and likely more serious) was going on. Since I do all the cooking, I was able to control what my intake was ( and I was very good and faithful to the new diet)After being both creative ( and miserable )for 12 weeks, I went back to get retested. Turns out everything was back in the normal range ( no borderline numbers, all I the heart of normal). I was relieved and knew that I had control over the situation. I've been very good since, allowing a day a week for cheating, but over all, I keep a low carb diet. That being said, so celebrate the end of a low/ no carb 12 week period, I flew in 2 deep dish Chicago Pizza's. I figured I'd earned it, and never had had one before, it was the perfect way to celebrate.

***For me, Im not a big sweets eater, so it was the bread and pasta I had to ( and still do) alter***

Hope Charlie had similar results.

Back
Top Bottom