I want a "French fry" pan!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This may be the simplest solution and you can do other things with it!

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 70
The cheapest, biggest, pan is a "holy" pizza pan. It was only $8 with a coupon at BBB. It's aluminim and dishwasher safe ... but after getting it home, with the fries in hand, my daugher noted that it won't fit in the dishwasher very easily.

Argh ....

Geesh! Doesn't anyone wash anything by hand anymore? Am I the only one left? :angel:

I have never owned a dishwasher. Not that I didn't want one, just never had one....

I just do my potatoes in olive oil on a cookie sheet. Then I line a bowl with paper towel and serve them on the table just like that. They are as good and crispy as any french fry.

We wash dishes by hand. I don't take that as a source of pride.

When I did have a dishwasher, it took me a good if not longer two weeks to fill it up. I lived alone and it had outlived it usefulness. So much easier to just wash them by hand. I don't even miss it. I also didn't like what it did to the glasses if I used a house brand detergent. :angel:

this must be one of those things from chimdhood that's been implanted in my brain, much like a bird sings tbeir parents' song, but i prefer to wash dishes by hand (for tje most part) because that's how my mom did it.

ypu know for sure that they are done right. no bits left on. no dried soap or minerals dried in vertical recesses.

it's just better.

like an amplifier that goes to 11... :)

this must be one of those things from chimdhood that's been implanted in my brain, much like a bird sings tbeir parents' song, but i prefer to wash dishes by hand (for tje most part) because that's how my mom did it.

ypu know for sure that they are done right. no bits left on. no dried soap or minerals dried in vertical recesses.

it's just better.

like an amplifier that goes to 11... :)
For the most part I agree. Things that have a lot of nooks and crannies or places you can't get to are better in the dishwasher, like one of those folding steamers.

I still wash a lot of stuff by hand: most of the crystal glasses, the silverware (silver, not regular cutlery), my enamelled cast iron pots, the wooden cutting board, etc.

I enjoy hand dishwashing better when the counter has an edge slightly higher than the main, flat part. The one I have now is completely flat and if I wash a lot of stuff, I always end up with the front of my shirt soggy. I hate that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom