ICKY FOOD??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdswife

Chef Extraordinaire
We always talk about good yummy food...
but, what are your top two "please don't put that on my plate" foods?

Mine would be sour kraut and
Brown soup ( I'm not sure what it is.. Grandma used to make it. She was a wonderful cook but, this just smelled so so so bad!!!!! :cry: I'd get sick every time she made it.)

HMMM!

I'm pretty liberal and will try almost anything...

On the other hand, "tripes"would be less than welcome...frankly, I'm not that "hot" on "caviar" or other forms of raw fish or their guts...nor the lobster liver ("tober-whatever")...

We should perhaps switch this thread to all the weird and wonderful things that we will "willingly" consume...NO, that is a BAD THOUGHT...I don't want to know that of any of you, either...

Lifter

awww, lifter, trippo alla romana is delicious. the tripe has to be cooked forever until it's tender, with a ton o' garlic in the marinara, but it's so good when done properly.

i cannot stand lima beans in any form. i mean, if starving, i could choke them down, but not if i have a choice.

I'll eat two pounds of lima beans, over or under cooked, with any sauce you will normally see, before I'll get into the "tripes", Bucky!

"Romano" recipe or not!

YECHHH!

Lifter

brains and tongue very quickly come to mind. And I'm pretty sure pdswife's grandma's brown soup! lol

NO TRIPE!!!!

Anything pasta/rice that comes from a packet (main offenders include Continental, Maggi and my girlfriend's Mum).

Seriously, if meat came in packet-just-add-water form she would buy it, even if it cost double what meat costs.

Her other crimes involve cooking pasta without tasting it to see if its done, using no salt in the water and not stirring the pasta so it comes out all stuck together and uncooked.

Mushy canned or frozen peas. I'm a no meat eater now, but when I was I could never ever touch liver, tounge, gizzards, etc. Gravey in any way shape or form! Scalloped corn. Cream of anything soup from a can (shudders at that horrible broccoli / rice / cream of gag soup casserole that used to show up at every holiday table). Sugar-free anything; the taste of artificial sweetners almost knocks me out. =P I gave up pop entirely rather than drink diet! About the only thing I can handle it in is my sugar-free original Trident gum.

;)
Z the fussy

I don't think there is anything I really don't like. i was brought up on offal and lambs brains was the first food I ever had.

I would have to say the only thing I don't like is food full of chemicals, synthetic icecreams with lots of fake food colouring, and I won't knowingly consume artificial sweeteners, I don't like chemicals that I don't know the origin of, and not enough is known about their carcinogenic possibilities.

At least if I eat rich creamy foods I KNOW what the risks are LOL :P

Fried shrimp heads at the sushi bar - supposed to be a real 'treat' from the sushi chef! I can't stand those little eyes just looking at me!

And Kyles, I'm with you on the 'synthetic ice cream' - yuck!

My dad used to bring home jars of pickled pigs' feet - I thought they were pretty - ewww!

Well, a lot of what you guys have said so far but I'll add scrapple (a PA Dutch favorite but not in my house!) and any cold fish.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom