Ideas for a salad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
I have half a rare-cooked fillet mignon, 6 pieces cooked thick-sliced bacon, avocado and lettuce. I am out of bleu cheese and have no tomatoes. :(

Does anyone have any suggestions about making a salad using the first three ingredients. I do have a good pantry.

The only thing I would add is onion. It could be Spring, white, whatever. I'm trying to think of pantry ingredients that you could add to this and I can't. To me, pantry ingredients are canned things or spices/herbs. As far as a dressing I think a simple Dijon vinaigrette would work.

You could make it Asian and use a soy sauce based dressing and then add sliced water chestnuts to the salad.

I love japanese salad i had some at a cafateria a few years ago and it was so delicious but i have no idea on how to make one.

Connie we had a romaine, sliced red onion and avocado salad with a dressing we love..Into a blender put a half of an English cucumber, 2-3 cloves garlic,1/2 cup mayo,1/2 cup sour cream, 1/4 cup or to taste red wine vinegar. a half bunch or more of cilantro.Wizz the dickens out of it and add salt and pepper taste and add more of anything you want of use as i. We had this today and even the little ones enjoyed it.
kades:),

I have half a rare-cooked fillet mignon, 6 pieces cooked thick-sliced bacon, avocado and lettuce. I am out of bleu cheese and have no tomatoes. :(

Does anyone have any suggestions about making a salad using the first three ingredients. I do have a good pantry.

Slice the fillet thin, crumble the bacon.
Arrange the avocado in slices on the a bed of lettuce. lay the fillet slices on the avocado, sprinkle with the bacon.

Make a warm mustard vinaigrette
¼ Cup Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
Juice of 1 Lemon
1 Tbsp Honey
2 Tbsp Prepared Mustard
1-2 Cloves Garlic, minced
black peppper
salt to taste

warm the oil, wisk in ingredients
serve drizzled over the top of the salad.

Back
Top Bottom