Ideas for recipes with green beans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dice some up and use in a gumbo. Puree some and make bean soup. I saw breaded fried green beans in the freezer at the store ... weird looking. Green beans & beef liver with cream of soup sauce. Save a bunch for the hog roast.

Badjak.... Green Beans? I like the blue skies, sunshine and greens!
Got and extra room? couch? I'll bring an extra cooker.

Unbelievable how many varieties of long beans there are! And they all seem to like hot weather, which more or less stops many regular beans.
Exactly why I an growing them.
I find it real strange that we cannot buy seeds here. I brought them in.
I figured that whatever grows in a greenhouse in Northern Europe is worth trying out here ;)

So, my yard long beans are starting to produce properly now.
I need some recipe ideas.
I don't like cheese, but I do like spicy food.
Note that I have no oven.

So far my go to recipes are
Pat prik king (Thai)
Sambal goreng buncis (Indonesian)
Stir fries
Plain (as a side)
Blanching & freezing for future meals

Any good ideas anyone?
Try this Chinese dish: Dry-Sauiteed tring Beans (wkith sauce of minced pork):
DRY-SAUTÉED STRING BEANS
https://tasteasianfood.com/chinese-green-beans-recipe/
Ingredients
1/4 lb finely minced (not ground) pork—fat minced separately
(can sub beef or chicken) MARINATED IN 1 tsp sugar, 1/2 tsp salt,2 tsp vegetable oil; fried w/oil over medium heat. Stir in olive vegetable & remove from heat but keep warm. Re-mince when cold for finest cut.

1-1/2 lb green beans
3 tablespoons cooking oil
4 cloves garlic
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp ground pepper
2 -3 tsp light soy sauce
1/4 tsp salt
2-2-1/2 teaspoons chili oil or chili sauce
2 Tbsp olive vegetable
1-2 Tbsp Shaoxing wine or Sake, Mirin., Dry Sherry or Dry Vermouth
2-3 tsp sesame oil
Garnish with chopped red chilies
Instructions
Snip ends of beans, cut into 2” lengths; fry over medium heat until slightly scorched.(may have to put lid on wok much of the time.) Fry garlic & chili oil until aromatic, add when beans are charred. Add sugar, a
1-2 dashes white pepper, light soy sauce & salt. Add pork & wine. Take off heat, mix in sesame oil
Splash a tablespoon of wine/sake. Turn off the heat & add sesame oil. Serve.

Or an old Sicilian (?) dish: Boiled potatoes with string beans and mint. There isn't an exact recipe--just wing it.

Yes. I used less laoganma and added just some regular fermented black beans because my family does not all eat at that level of heat
I'm not sure I understand. Are you using the Lao Gan Ma Chili Oil With Black Bean plus extra fermented black beans to lessen the heat, but still keep it full of umami? Or are you using the Lao Gan Ma chili crisp and plus fermented black beans?

Oh, and how many servings does this make?

I did not use 2 heaping tablespoons of laoganma. I used about 2 teaspoons of laoganma with black beans. Then I used 4 teaspoons of black beans to make up the volume.

It's a pound of chicken and 8 oz of beans. Could serve 4, but will vary with people's appetites and what else you serve it with.

I did not use 2 heaping tablespoons of laoganma. I used about 2 teaspoons of laoganma with black beans. Then I used 4 teaspoons of black beans to make up the volume.

It's a pound of chicken and 8 oz of beans. Could serve 4, but will vary with people's appetites and what else you serve it with.
Thank you.

Green Bean Stir Fry

Green bean stir fry is a simple, delicious, and nutritious side dish that can be whipped up in minutes. Start by heating some oil in a pan over medium heat. Add in some garlic, ginger, and a pinch of red pepper flakes and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Then, add in the green beans and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir fry the beans for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add a few tablespoons of soy sauce and a tablespoon of sesame oil and stir. Continue to cook for another minute or two until the beans are cooked through but still slightly crisp. Serve the green bean stir fry warm with steamed rice or your favorite grain. Enjoy!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom