Ideas for using a can of Chili Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCableGuy

Assistant Cook
So, I have an odd array of canned food items that I've never used before, one of which is a can of 'Stokes Green Chili Sauce with Pork'.

What I gather is that is a primary use in Mexican cooking but neither I nor my family's much into Mexican cooking so I'm trying to think of other uses for it.

My first thought would be to use it in actual Chili, since (in way or another) it has the same components that we use in our chili.

But I also thought about using it in something more interesting like adding it in a slow cooked Pot roast, though I'm not sure how my family would go for a Chili infused flavored pork roast.

My main issue, I suppose, is that I don't even know how this stuff tastes much less what it could be used for, but it's been sitting in the pantry for a while now and at this rate, it'll never get used.

Not really up my ally but this is from their website:

Our signature Green Chile Sauce with Pork is a mild creamy sauce with fire roasted green chiles and pork. It is great poured over for a burrito or as just "a bowl of green" with warm flour tortillas on the side. Green Chile Sauce with Pork is also flavorful on burgers, chicken, eggs, potatoes and pasta. Our Green Chile Sauce with Pork is a natural recipe substitute for any cream soup.

I'd plan on making a chili. After opening the can, taste it so you'll have an idea where to take the flavor.

Nice ideas, Jennyema. Thanks.

jenny mentioned it already, but my first thought was a mexican burger.

warm the salsa, cook a burger, top with the salsa and some queso blanco (cheese), and broil to melt the cheese.

you could do something similar over a steak like a ny strip.

I use green chili salsa on both chicken enchiladas and eggs, but seeing it is with pork, I'd get some corn tortillas, shred some roasted pork and make enchiladas cerdo con salsa verde. Refried beans,Mexican rice and some shredded lettuce with crema Mexican would round out the meal.

I think when you open the can, you will see that it is not a sauce or salsa, it is more of a stew.

Nice warm flour torillas, make a shredded lettuce/tomato salad, put a plop of sour cream on each serving. Maybe some refried beans on the side.

It is probably not hot and spicy, just warm comfort food.

I will be over in a minute--now I am hungry.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom