If you can only pick one...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leaf Storm

Senior Cook
If you could only pick one cuisine to eat for the rest of your life, what would you choose from these options?

American, South American, Mediterranean, Asian, Indian, East European, or African.

Which one? And why? :)

For me it has to be Mediterranean. I just love the way they cook! The olive oil! The wonderful ingredients such as tomato, olives, peppers, seafoods and a huge range of spices and herbs. It's very healthy and it's so tasty!

Sorry Leaf, but none of the above. I would want good old Southern food...fried chicken, mashed taters & gravy, biscuits, fried okra, fried squash, banana pudding, sour cream pound cake, chickin-n-dumplin's, I could go on all night! :LOL:

Leaf Storm said:
So for you, it will always be the taste of home? :)
img_45092_0_dd5123a6196e86a7449435a7803122f9.gif

Italian.............never ending pasta dishes :D Plus they use my favorite combination of flavors (Garlic and Onions Sauted in EVOO......ummmmmmmmm)

crewsk said:
Sorry Leaf, but none of the above. I would want good old Southern food...fried chicken, mashed taters & gravy, biscuits, fried okra, fried squash, banana pudding, sour cream pound cake, chickin-n-dumplin's, I could go on all night! :LOL:

That is american and I love it.

Leaf Storm said:
If you could only pick one cuisine to eat for the rest of your life, what would you choose from these options?

American, South American, Mediterranean, Asian, Indian, East European, or African.

Which one? And why? :)

For me it has to be Mediterranean. I just love the way they cook! The olive oil! The wonderful ingredients such as tomato, olives, peppers, seafoods and a huge range of spices and herbs. It's very healthy and it's so tasty!

well, seeing as thats mediteranian, I opt for that, but I always cook those things and Im american.

From the choices listed, I would have to choose American, since I love food from all areas of North America. I would assume this also includes Mexican food, since Mexico is part of North America. 8)

:) Barbara

How do I answer this?
7.gif
Well, sushi is my favorite of course... so should I say Japanese?
But I want more of a variety too.... so should I say Asian?
ALso, Thai food has a much wider taste spectrum...... almost Japanese.... almost Chinese.... with a HINT of Spanish. I think I would stay more on the Thai food area for that reason AND for the cost of it too.
Though their dessert blow. :? But Im not a big dessert eatter either......
Hmmmmmmm........
6.gif

choclatechef said:
Soul Food!!!!!!!! :LOL:

Amen! Amen!

I'd go with Japanese-style of cooking, and sushi is the smallest "type" of all Japanese foods...just the American-recognized tip of a huge iceberg. It's going to be hard to give up turnip greens cooked with bacon fat, though....

Bangbang said:
crewsk said:

That is american and I love it.

Yeah, I know, I corrected myself a little bit after that. I was having a real blonde night when I posted. :oops:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom