If you could have dinner with anyone in the world, who would it be? (And what would you cook for them?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For me, I would probably want to have dinner with George Clooney (my favourite actor!) and I would cook for him my famous crispy pork belly with slaw. Quite traditional but never fails to put a smile on everyone's faces, and a smile on their tummy too! How about you?

Four of my most favourite people with whom I would have chosen have departed. I honestly can't think of anyone, at least at the moment.

But you can bet your bottom dollar - it would be either catered by a chosen chef, as I would rather sit with them and visit than be in the kitchen!

I can't really think of any celebrities or otherwise famous people that I would choose for this.

I don't think the people that came to mind first are "in the world". I thought of my father, who passed away close to thirty years ago. Then I thought of my mother, who died over 10 years ago. My farmor (father's mother) who died in the 1980s at 102. Then I tried to think of a public figure I respect and thought of Benjamin Franklin.

Actually I do have someone in mind, my best friend, who lives a fair distance.

We are desperately trying to arrange one last weekend together. On the menu are Mussels in Pernod, Chef John's Lobster Tails, Scallops Napoleon, two of which we have made together. She's never had the Scallops Napoleon and she's never had Wagu Beef. I have to figure out how to cook that! Beef is not my forte! Maybe I could do it as a sort of Beef Wellington, I've had good success with that and I have an individual serving recipe, sort of in a deconstructed way.

Dear other famous people, I apologize for not inviting you.
I'd have dinner with @Aunt Bea so she could tell me about life. Then, at a separate picnic, @larry_stewart and @pepperhead212 so they could talk gardening of all kinds and I could get some details. Then midwinter, @bethzaring to cover some canning and years of experience. And lastly the 20 or so new members that are international, to have a pot luck with their favorite dishes of all different countries.

Yup, @blissful for my win. I would love to have a meal where all the wonderful people on this site brought their favourite dishes and we all ate and enjoyed together.
Think about all the stories that would be told!
I would bring either my signature boef en daube or my Japanese curry.

Although there is no way on this little green earth could I afford, much less find enough of them for all - I would bring Chef John's Deviled Lobster Tails.

Edit (hours later!)
and for those that can't or won't eat lobster for whatever reason, I will bring extra cucumbers and tomatoes, but other than that bring your own appetizer.
((Larry, I swear!! I never told them I was your SIL!)

Last edited:
Like others, I would want to have a holiday meal with my entire family including all of those who are no longer with me. (Parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins) Then I would want my sister and her children and grandchildren. My mother never met her great-grandchildren. I miss those large gatherings so much.

I would have a dinner with my crush. And what would I cook for him? I am really not much of a cook (huge understatement, btw), but I do want to do something nice for him. I think I would cook some pastas, and then maybe pick up some takeout from my favorite place in the mall. I know this is cheating, but I figure I would show him the real me. I am not a homemaker, that's just how I am. Would not want to mislead him into thinking otherwise.

The meal would be accompanied by conversation and lots of questions from me. I am generally not a big talker with people but when I am with someone I feel safe with or someone I like, I come out of my shell.

All the answers here have been absolutely great!

Wan, showing the real you to someone important is fantastic. So many think they have to show people what they think the people want.

Family and loved ones, admired and adored (for whatever reason! LOL) have all been great.

Back
Top Bottom