IL - Marion ... 17th Street Bar & Grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
These people won the Memphis in May BBQ Contest 3 years in a row. The original, a little place in Murphysboro, is still going strong, but they have a larger place now, right off I57 in Marion, Il.
That's 20 minutes down the road from us, and we ate there today. It's the second time for me, But DH and his co-workers used to lunch there a lot.
The beer is cold...service great, even though they are very busy...prices reasonable...but most of all, the baby-back ribs are succulent, tender and tasty, as are the pulled pork and the brisket. I haven't tried the smoked chicken, but I'm sure it's great.
They even let you smoke in the bar.

So, if you're headed south from Chicago, get down to the lower part of the state, and like BBQ, turn west off 57 at the Marion/Carbonale exit, take the first right, and look for the sign. There's a big mall, Menards, Red Lobster, Steak & Shake, Bob Evans, Applebys, hotels, etc...on that side of the street. You can't miss it.

Did I mention how friendly the people are?

Sounds num, num, nummy, Connie. And who can't pass up good 'cue? We'll get our big barbecue fix at the end of summer when Paducah has their annual barbecue festival and contest. Ah, man, you almost want to eat the air. Everything's so good.

I know what you mean, Katie. Menard's is a long block away from the restaurant, and by the time we came out with all our paint and supplies, I could smell the BBQ cooking.
After that, there was no discussion about where we would eat lunch.

Back
Top Bottom