I'm callin you out Helen!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last time I checked, Kelly is singing/writing her own songs?!?! Yes, I do own a copy of Milli Vanilli...but who didn't?

There were a lot of rappers before Run DMC...but they were the ones who brought it front and center...just like the groups prior to these Beatles...I like rappers delight!!

STP...man, what a waste...only if Scott could stop the drugs!! I love all their stuff...DAMN HIM!! By the way, fun fact, I went to high school with Scott Weiland...he lived in Bainbridge, Ohio (same as me) and lived one development up from me...Pilgrim Village! I saw him, the bass player and the drummer play in the backyard of my neighbors house a few times after CORE came out. He was in a high scholl band with a few guys in my old neighborhood. Nice guy!

zilla said:
Yes STP was smokin. Mother Love Bone was hot too. OK what about Velvet Revolver? I thought the first album was pretty good.
Like Audio Slave, Velvet Revolver is another awesome group made up with members of other groups.
I really liked their 1st album (man isn't that funny saying album?).
Them boys are doing alot better than that other guy, whats his name?
Oh yea, Ass#%*e Rose, by the way his new "album" is finnally coming out after 10 freakin' years :) who cares :)
What about System Of A Down?

By the way Greg I hope your avatar sex change didn't hurt too much(WTF) :eek: :ack:

Dude...remember when Axle came out with those freaks posing as GNR at the MTV music awards??? WHOA...he was WAY over amped and his voice was fried halfway through Paradise City...LOSER!!

By the way Puff...I like my avatar...Since you been gone... :eek:

I saw a pic of the loser in Rolling stone last month.
He had his hair done in corn rows,fat , old & I really don't think anybody cares about him or his music anymore.
It's too bad cause' they were one hell of a band :!:
But him & his ego had to ruin it :!:
As far as your avatar all I can say is :ack:

Hello Nasty

I hate to admit....but:

I owned Milli Vanilli on tape.

I listened to New Kids on the Block. You KNOW people are going to remember them...lol

I thought Kelly C. was going to be a one hit wonder. I was at work and my younger co-worker said, "listen to this..." He put on Since you've been gone and I couldn't guess who it was. Yeah, I liked the song. I didn't think it could be.

BEASTIE BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Listen All Of Y'all It's A Sabotage"

When I heard Aerosmith & Run DMC ruin a classic together, I knew that I was starting to get old. I feel that my mind is open to listening to all kinds of music, but rapping isnt talent, "compared to playing an instument well", is really my biggest debate. Just listen to "My Hump" from the Black Eyed Peas. Is that hip hop, or is it rap, or is it just silly? No offense meant if that is what you like. Below is my version. Enjoy.

My hump, my hump, my lovely pork butt bumps.

DaleP said:
When I heard Aerosmith & Run DMC ruin a classic together, I knew that I was starting to get old. I feel that my mind is open to listening to all kinds of music, but rapping isnt talent, "compared to playing an instument well", is really my biggest debate. Just listen to "My Hump" from the Black Eyed Peas. Is that hip hop, or is it rap, or is it just silly? No offense meant if that is what you like. Below is my version. Enjoy.

Dale, you only need look good to be a big music star today!

blade said:
Bryan S said:
Metallica. 8-[

Early Metallica, their first couple of albums. I'm not a big fan of their later stuff.

Ditto, their new stuff sucks major Rempe! Last good album they made was "And Justice for All", then they sold out and became commercialized. Anything 1988 or before is some of the best Speed Metal ever made, PERIOD!

Woodman said:
DaleP said:

Dale, you only need look good to be a big music star today!

So I guess that I will never be a rock star then.

Woodman said:
you only need look good to be a big music star today!

You sure got that right. Today with all of the computer inhansment anyone can sing good. When you go to one of their concerts you dont even know if you are getting a live show. I hate it when the new band redo old songs because they know it is going to a hit. I also hate that alot of the new bands dont even write their own music. With rap the only talent I see is being able to sing to a beat. All of the new music IMO sounds the same. Well thats just my 2 cents.

Larry Wolfe said:
blade said:
[quote="Bryan S":2z8kwstg]Metallica. 8-[

Early Metallica, their first couple of albums. I'm not a big fan of their later stuff.

Ditto, their new stuff sucks major Rempe! Last good album they made was "And Justice for All", then they sold out and became commercialized. Anything 1988 or before is some of the best Speed Metal ever made, PERIOD![/quote:2z8kwstg]

Right on Larry, that is the last decent album they put out, too bad they had to go commercial with an MTV video :-X
I have a dedicated follower of Metallica since 1985, I had an album with a bunch of other speed metal bands on the cover, Metallica had one song (HIT THE LIGHTS).
They had a spot on the album before they even had a band (ie: VH1 Behind the music).
If it wasn't for that winey ass James Hetfield (aka Axle Rose) who knows what they could have done!
I was a dedicated fan to this band before they were cool, it's to frickin' bad they had to cut their hair and sell out the way they did!! Man that pisses me off!!!
Their going to be on VH1 tonight for the rock & roll hall of fame inductions at 9:00, whoopity frickin' do!!
Skynyrd, & Sabbath are finnally gettin' in :eek:
Hey how about them Skynyrd boys =D> after all the s#%t they've been threw it's about time!! :vent:
Okay i'm done now :) oh I almost forgot " Blondie" is also being inducted tonight :faint: gimme' a break!!!!!
I hear Kelly Clarkston is up next :-X :-X

Back
Top Bottom